ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (o) application form queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Set (o) application form queries

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 am

Hi,

could you respond to my queries below please? Sorry if this is a repeated question in this forum I have tried to search for a similar query in vain,

1. Section 6.3 - I entered this country in May 2008 and have traveled to India 4 times for holidays and twice for bereavement and does not cross over the threshold of 180 days in a years' time, I know I don't have to provide employer letter for my holidays for family visits but unsure if I should be providing a letter for my bereavement leaves? I assume Not but need expert advise

2. Section 7.11 - As mentioned above I have been resident in this country since May 2008 and first EC issued on 31/03/2008 valid until 31/03/2010 and Tier 1(General) extension expires on 31/03/2013. So how long have I lived in the UK??? is it 4 years 9 months from May 2008 or 4 years 11 months from March 2008 as I entered UK within 90 days of EC??

3. Section 7.12 - What ties?? can I have a sample answer for this question please or please let me know if my answer below is correct

Country Social culture or family ties
India Family, friends

will this do??

4. Section 9 D1 - According 245CD the answer is Yes but can i have a confirmation from someone??

5. Section 10(7) - I did have my finger prints done during my intial ec in india, however if there is any mismatch to this answer and our actual finger prints using date and details, what is the worst impact we would have?? I might sound silly but neither me nor my husband remember exactly when we had the fingerprints taken :(

Response highly appreciated!!

Cheers,
Vidhya

senthilkm

Re: Set (o) application form queries

Post by senthilkm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 am

Vidhya Bharathidasan wrote:Hi,

could you respond to my queries below please? Sorry if this is a repeated question in this forum I have tried to search for a similar query in vain,

1. Section 6.3 - I entered this country in May 2008 and have traveled to India 4 times for holidays and twice for bereavement and does not cross over the threshold of 180 days in a years' time, I know I don't have to provide employer letter for my holidays for family visits but unsure if I should be providing a letter for my bereavement leaves? I assume Not but need expert advise

Just write the "reason for absence" in the Section 6.2 along with the number of days absent from the country. You need to provide document only if your absence exceed 90 days.

2. Section 7.11 - As mentioned above I have been resident in this country since May 2008 and first EC issued on 31/03/2008 valid until 31/03/2010 and Tier 1(General) extension expires on 31/03/2013. So how long have I lived in the UK??? is it 4 years 9 months from May 2008 or 4 years 11 months from March 2008 as I entered UK within 90 days of EC??

Count the year and month from the date of entry in your case it should be 4 years and 9 Months

3. Section 7.12 - What ties?? can I have a sample answer for this question please or please let me know if my answer below is correct

Country Social culture or family ties
India Family, friends

will this do??
I wrote "India Born, Family & friends"

4. Section 9 D1 - According 245CD the answer is Yes but can i have a confirmation from someone??
You are right. BTW there is no other option to tick otherwise

5. Section 10(7) - I did have my finger prints done during my intial ec in india, however if there is any mismatch to this answer and our actual finger prints using date and details, what is the worst impact we would have?? I might sound silly but neither me nor my husband remember exactly when we had the fingerprints taken :(
To be honest I gave finger prints in a VFS office on 04th Feb 2008 and wrote 03 Feb 2008(Sunday) on the form by mistake. It wasn't a issue. I realized it after getting the ILR approval letter, So just write Month and the year, you will be alright.
Response highly appreciated!!

Cheers,
Vidhya

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 am

Senthilkm,

Thanks for your response. will do my form accordingly

Vidhya