ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefits and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abc111
BANNED

Child benefits and ILR

Post by abc111 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 am

Hi,

My ILR (Tier 1 (G)) is due in 3 months and I have a question about child benefits. I kept receiving child benefits for 4 months and suddenly found that it could affect my ILR so spoke to HM Tax benefits and stopped payments. I also said to them I am ready to reimburse the amount paid to me so far. They said that they noted that down and will send me a confirmation letter as well as form to fill and send to repay the amount I owed.

I still have not received their response and wondering how will I go about it when filling SET O form!

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Child benefits and ILR

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 am

abc111 wrote:Hi,

My ILR (Tier 1 (G)) is due in 3 months and I have a question about child benefits. I kept receiving child benefits for 4 months and suddenly found that it could affect my ILR so spoke to HM Tax benefits and stopped payments. I also said to them I am ready to reimburse the amount paid to me so far. They said that they noted that down and will send me a confirmation letter as well as form to fill and send to repay the amount I owed.

I still have not received their response and wondering how will I go about it when filling SET O form!

Thanks.
Technically the question asks are you claiming public funds? The answer would be no. However, you may add a letter explaining that you erred and claimed chb but as soon as you realised that they were public funds you cancelled your claim and are in the process of repaying the money. I think that would suffice, the risk is if the ukba check some hmrc system which shows you claimed and you don't tell them? Is there no one who could claim chb? An eligible partner?

abc111
BANNED

Re: Child benefits and ILR

Post by abc111 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 am

D4109125 wrote:
abc111 wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Technically the question asks are you claiming public funds? The answer would be no. However, you may add a letter explaining that you erred and claimed chb but as soon as you realised that they were public funds you cancelled your claim and are in the process of repaying the money. I think that would suffice, the risk is if the ukba check some hmrc system which shows you claimed and you don't tell them? Is there no one who could claim chb? An eligible partner?
many thanks. No I am tier 1 (G) and my partner is my dependant. I will check with HMRC and by the time of application if I can not get any letter out of them then I will simply state as you have suggested as that's being the case...

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:54 am

All the best. Please post the updates and outcome of your application which will be helpful for others