ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a UK Spouse Need to Register with the Police

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

il_003
Newly Registered

Does a UK Spouse Need to Register with the Police

Post by il_003 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:03 am

I just obtained my spouse visa (2-year leave to remain) and my BRP. Do I need to register with the UK police as my visa is longer than 6 months? (I don't see any such requirement on my BRP but I want to make sure.) Are my passport and BRP sufficient for me to travel out of and back to the UK?

John

Post by John » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 am

Nationals of a specific list of countries might be required to register with the Police, but even that is liable to be adjusted. For example, and of interest to you, holders of a spouse visa are excluded, even if their country is on the list.

Accordingly no need to register. A general point, a person is only required to register with the Police if it is a specific requirement of their visa.
Are my passport and BRP sufficient for me to travel out of and back to the UK?
Yes! Do ensure you keep them in a safe place at home, preferably a safe!
John

il_003
Newly Registered

Post by il_003 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 am

John wrote:Nationals of a specific list of countries might be required to register with the Police, but even that is liable to be adjusted. For example, and of interest to you, holders of a spouse visa are excluded, even if their country is on the list.

Accordingly no need to register. A general point, a person is only required to register with the Police if it is a specific requirement of their visa.
Are my passport and BRP sufficient for me to travel out of and back to the UK?
Yes! Do ensure you keep them in a safe place at home, preferably a safe!
That is very helpful! Thanks so much!