ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Alternatives to P60

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrapplicant2013

Alternatives to P60

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:17 pm

hello all,

The forum looks great with lot of grat information, so thanks to all.

I had a quick question, I only have one of my P60s with me, I have asked my employer and they are unable to provide me with duplicate,

What are my other options to prove I have paid tax for the last 5 years.

My status Tier 1 and will apply for ILR in April with salaries from April'12 to March '13 (Apr - Jun'12 - Employed, July'13 onwards - Self employed)

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2012 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Please speak to HM revenue and asked them to provide a letter stating your tax deduction and NI Contribution for the missing year.

They would be able to provide a letter which you can carry instead of missing P60.

Hope this help.

Sameer

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Employers are suppose to give their Employees only one copy of P60,each financial year. They cannot issue duplicate copies. You are suppose to keep the Original Copy safely. Please read Sticky's Thread in this Forum, as to how you could get the same information as in P60s.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks! I will call them first thing on Monday.

I lost my key documents during a house move last year, including my passport.
Hence facing this issue.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Don't worry. Collect all the documents gradually. All will work out fine.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm

If you list out all the documents you have and you don't have some one will be able to advise you.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Gave them a call on Monday, spoke with an agent and he said he will dispatch the letter to me in the afternoon.

On Friday I had the letter with me, very pleased with HMRC's SLA on this.

But the letter only has returns for 3 years.

Also states that there are no records for 2 years.

Could understand first year as I dint have a NI no. in my first year, but surprised about the 2nd year. I was employed with the same company from 07 till July last year.

Will give my ex-employer and HMRC a call to clarify this. My ex employer are a big company so guess this is a mis understanding rather than a serious issue!
Has this happened with any one else ?Thinking back dont think I recieved my P60 for that year.

Kevin24 wrote:If you list out all the documents you have and you don't have some one will be able to advise you.
Thanks mate, would be useful.

Document I already have

- SET(O) form - Filling this up
Passport & Visa
- Passport (From '11 only, lost my previous one)
- Duplicate copy of previous passport (Front page, back page and visa stamping) - Planning to get this attested by Indian Embassy
- Tier 1 BRM card
- Tier-1 Approval letter
- Original WP approval letter

Finances & Tax activity
- Payslips
- Dividend Vouchers
- HMRC Employment History letter (covering 3 years of tax activity currently)
- Bank Statements (2 accounts - salary credit and fund maintenance, aware this isnt required but just in case)
- Business Bank Account Statements
- Accountant Letter
- Invoice Summay issued to clients from account

Certificates
- Company Registration certificates
- VAT Registration certificate
- Degree certificates

Document I am aware of but yet to get
- Life in the UK test (scheduled this week), hopefully I will pass
- Planning to get an employment letter from my previous company (Showing 4.5 years of full employment)
- VAT Fillings (due in March)
- Photographs
- Attest copy of lost passport from Indian Embassy
- Letter from my clients on thier letter head company & signed by a senior manager confirming the details of business services received
- Print outs of written email confirmation of contracts and other emails
- Contract confirmation, invoices submitted etc.
- Employment letter from previous Employer stating I was working with them as per my sponsorship.

Others
- Work contracts from clients
-
Documents I think I am missing - Section 11L related ones especially Payslips submitted for my Tier-1 application
- P60 (but should be taken care of)
- ANY OTHER, please advise ?
Last edited by ilrapplicant2013 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:37 pm

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:Also states that there are no records for 07-08 & 10-11

Could understand 07-08 as I dint have a NI no, in my first year, but surprised about 10-11. I was employed with the same company from 07 till July last year.

Will give my ex-employer and HMRC a call to clarify this. My ex employer are a big company so guess this is a mis understanding rather than a serious issue!
Has this happened with any one else ?Thinking back dont think I recieved my P60 for that year.
May I ask whether your ILR residence period is made up of both time as a WP Holder and T1G Migrant?

You may find it useful to read the following topic: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125153

Do have a look through your payslips for the year you did not receive a P60 or HMRC employment history in order to verify whether your NI number is reflected in them correctly and that the required taxes have been deducted.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:13 pm

cs95tdg wrote: May I ask whether your ILR residence period is made up of both time as a WP Holder and T1G Migrant?
Yes mate
Tier 2 - 3 years
Tier 1 - 2 years (out of this 1.5 years employed with same company and 0.5 years self employed)
cs95tdg wrote: You may find it useful to read the following topic: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125153

Do have a look through your payslips for the year you did not receive a P60 or HMRC employment history in order to verify whether your NI number is reflected in them correctly and that the required taxes have been deducted.
I had read annoyed's post a while back and it is a bit scary but I am not guessing anything now.
I will wait to call both my employer and HMRC on monday and see what has happend. the good thing is it came to my light before I made my application based on P60s

I happen to have 3 months payslip in year 10-11 (Jun-Aug) and realise there is no NI no.
My payslips didnt have NI no. for the first 3 years and when I applied for my Tier 1 realised this and I raised it with my company and they rectified, so I have a NI no. on Payslips in the last 1.5 years only whist employed with them.

I hope this gets resolved.

If anyone who has faced this issue of disconnect between company pay slips and HMRC history could please let us know how you got around resolving this would be much appreciated.

Just a note, the company I worked for is a very big company with a good reputation, so assuming something clerical has gone wrong.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 am

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote: You may find it useful to read the following topic: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125153

I happen to have 3 months payslip in year 10-11 (Jun-Aug) and realise there is no NI no.
My payslips didnt have NI no. for the first 3 years and when I applied for my Tier 1 realised this and I raised it with my company and they rectified, so I have a NI no. on Payslips in the last 1.5 years only whist employed with them.
As you are proceeding with steps to rectify the error I presume you understand the importance of having your employment history (or P60's) for the 3 years you were under T2 to prove that you met the terms of your sponsorship.

Note that as you say no NI number is reflected in your payslips for the first 3 years, I presume this means you made no NI contributions during that period. Do the payslips show income tax deductions during this period? If so, you will need to ask your employer where those taxes have gone. If no taxes have been deducted then you would need to get in touch with HMRC to make arrangements to pay any taxes that are now overdue. You appear to be taking the right steps in contacting your employer and then HMRC to get to the bottom of this.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks for the reply mate and pointing out the NI contributions.
I think I have to get this clarified. As far as I know I dint contribute towards NI in my first year but have had NI deductions from 2nd year of my employment in UK and my pay slips always reflected them.
So there are NI deductions but no NI no.

Unfortunately, the employment history letter doesnt show any NI contrinutions.

I will get this clarified my employer tomorrow.

Also, in employment history, they have advised me to verify this with my records and against any records my employer has given me and they have a no. provided in case of any issues. So will call them as well.

Now, I have a couple of questions if anyone could answer.

1. I hope this one gets resolved but should I have to go around getting my NI and tax filed and sorted resulting in a delay, can I just apply for a tier-1 extension, which will buy me time. My Tier 1 expires in a month or so.

2. Is the real need of the P60s and tax history to show that I met my sponsorhip requirements. So will a letter from my employer on thier letter head stating I was employed from date, role & designation & signed by a senior manager help?
cs95tdg wrote:
ilrapplicant2013 wrote:

As you are proceeding with steps to rectify the error I presume you understand the importance of having your employment history (or P60's) for the 3 years you were under T2 to prove that you met the terms of your sponsorship.

Note that as you say no NI number is reflected in your payslips for the first 3 years, I presume this means you made no NI contributions during that period. Do the payslips show income tax deductions during this period? If so, you will need to ask your employer where those taxes have gone. If no taxes have been deducted then you would need to get in touch with HMRC to make arrangements to pay any taxes that are now overdue. You appear to be taking the right steps in contacting your employer and then HMRC to get to the bottom of this.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Mate, read My thread today on PEO appointments and HMRC Checks.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Mate, read My thread today on PEO appointments and HMRC Checks.
Thanks Kevin, It is interesting and honeslty I am not too surprised. I would imagine they have to do the basic checks.

And I am glad to find the gap in my employment history before I made my application.
Losing P60s in a blessing in disguise here.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 pm

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:1. I hope this one gets resolved but should I have to go around getting my NI and tax filed and sorted resulting in a delay, can I just apply for a tier-1 extension, which will buy me time. My Tier 1 expires in a month or so.

2. Is the real need of the P60s and tax history to show that I met my sponsorhip requirements. So will a letter from my employer on thier letter head stating I was employed from date, role & designation & signed by a senior manager help?
1) If you have a month until you intend to apply for ILR, that should give you sufficient time to get to the bottom of the missing NI & Income deductions & make any necessary arrangement with HMRC for repayment - if this is required. You just need to act promptly without delay. (If you wish to you may ofcourse apply for a further T1G extension - though I would leave that as a last resort, if you are unable to get the known issues resolved in-time.)
2) For the purposes of ILR, the UKBA will most probably verify your HMRC employment history independently. So therefore you won't be able to solely rely on a letter from your T2 Employer - but a letter would do no harm. Whether or not you met the terms of your employment as a T2 Migrant, would be verified by looking at your T2 sponsorship terms (which the UKBA will have on record), and HMRC employment history.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:11 pm

They key in your Name,D.O.B and Employer's Name and request for your Employment History from HMRC. Until this information comes through they will not approve your ILR application. I also thought, like yourself, that they do the basic checks ,whether PEO/Postal applications. But that is not the case here.