ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa (who can sponsor)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fa2013
Newly Registered

Family visit visa (who can sponsor)

Post by fa2013 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi me and my mother are planning to invite my uncle (mothers brother) over from pakistan for a few months, he has already visited in 2004 for 6 months , but as i am not listed as a family member would my mother need to provide supporting documents ie payslips expenditure for his visit as my mother works part time. i know on the form it has atleast 4 entries for which family members they will be visiting.
Can i be the sponsor as i work full time and i live with my mother at the same address. thanks any help would be appreciated.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Please see the following UKBA reference to understand which type of application your uncle should make (General or Family Visitor) and also who would be able to sponsor him.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf

fa2013
Newly Registered

Post by fa2013 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:10 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Please see the following UKBA reference to understand which type of application your uncle should make (General or Family Visitor) and also who would be able to sponsor him.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf
Thanks for the info. Does applying for a visit visa become an easier process if the person has already been to visit before and gone back in due time.
Is there any major difference in a family visa and general Visa. Could it be an easier option if the person who first sponsored my uncle to sponsor again or would that not have any bearing . thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:38 pm

fa2013 wrote:1) Does applying for a visit visa become an easier process if the person has already been to visit before and gone back in due time.
2) Is there any major difference in a family visa and general Visa.
3)Could it be an easier option if the person who first sponsored my uncle to sponsor again or would that not have any bearing.
1) Certainly it would help your application, if you met the terms of your previous grants of LTR as a visitor. But if someone has never visited the UK before, that in itself should not be a cause for concern. The two key aspects that you should be able to demonstrate are: a) that you will leave at the end your visit (ties to your home country) and b) that you can maintain and accomodate yourself without recourse to public funds during your visit.
2) No. But you should read the information that was provided under the links I provided. It clearly states who can & cannot apply for a family visitor visa.
3) No. That has no bearing.

fa2013
Newly Registered

Post by fa2013 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:24 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
fa2013 wrote:1) Does applying for a visit visa become an easier process if the person has already been to visit before and gone back in due time.
2) Is there any major difference in a family visa and general Visa.
3)Could it be an easier option if the person who first sponsored my uncle to sponsor again or would that not have any bearing.
1) Certainly it would help your application, if you met the terms of your previous grants of LTR as a visitor. But if someone has never visited the UK before, that in itself should not be a cause for concern. The two key aspects that you should be able to demonstrate are: a) that you will leave at the end your visit (ties to your home country) and b) that you can maintain and accomodate yourself without recourse to public funds during your visit.
2) No. But you should read the information that was provided under the links I provided. It clearly states who can & cannot apply for a family visitor visa.
3) No. That has no bearing.
Thanks as I will be the sponsors and I will be providing accomadation and all expenses I know i will need to provide my 6 month payslip and my yearly income is between 19000 - 23000.
Will I need to show a certain amount of saving etc.
Can you have more than 1 sponsor thanks

alis92005

Re: Family visit visa (who can sponsor)

Post by alis92005 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:21 pm

My cousin apply visitor visa on 24 Feb 14 and waiting for decision. I send her sponsor and Home Office lady call me for confirmation about her details.
Anyone else receive call from Home Office as a sponsor? Please share if anyone had same experience that will be much helpful for me and her. What that mean they will issue her visa or what??????

zunaira
Newly Registered

Post by zunaira » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi!
I just wanted to ask if these calls are genuine? I got a call today. But now i just have a feeling that it might be a scam..... https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-scams

the called didn't ask me for money. but got hold of my details like address, father's and mother's name....
I was wondering if anyone could confirm this plz.

gutsyguy17
Newly Registered

Post by gutsyguy17 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:44 am

Hi. I and my family applied for visit visa under general visitor category on 18-06-14. I got sponsor from my cousin whois a british national. Here i wud like to mention that ive been to uk back in 2010 for higher studies. Last week my cousin got a call from home office n the officer asked him bout me like my name, D.O.B and my duration of stay. After that my cousin asked him wats next now..he said ill jst forward these details to ABU dhabi office n then thy'll process it. Also today i checked my with my local HR to confirm if home office also checked my employment details, but thy havent yet got any call / email from them...so still in an ambiguous situation :? ..