ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Question about Cohabitation - Pls Help!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeeshan786
Newly Registered

ILR Application - Question about Cohabitation - Pls Help!!!

Post by zeeshan786 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Dear Members,

Does ILR main applicant have to show any Cohabitation document which is mentioned in point 11A of section 11 (Documents) in ILR SET(O) form? For those applicants who are coming from Tier-1 General.

I was on HSMP (2 years) and then Tier -1 General (3 years). I have ILR appointment at PEO Croydon on 28th Feb with 2 dependents, my wife and son.

My wife has Bank account, Electricity and Gas bills on her name on the same address where we live but we don’t have any joint document e.g. joint bank account etc.

My question is if I have to show Cohabitation document, then does it have to be on our names (applicant + spouse)? Or Cohabitation is only required for certain categories not on applicants who are going from Tier-1 General???

Please answer my above query as I have only 3 days left for my appointment…

Many thanks.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:04 am

Cohabitation is needed for all ILR application if applying with dependants. Although it's good to have doc with joint names its not the end of the world if you don't have them.

You can submit docs on your individual names too. Also, some tips foe joint statements could be to ask for a GP letter stating both your names or asking a quote for a joint life insurance policy.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

zeeshan786
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshan786 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks uksettlement.

Any other person who could please share their thoughts if they were in a similar situation as me with regards to Cohabitation requirement and had attended ILR appointment recently?

Thanks.