ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TFL COURT FINE APPLYIN ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

efsanevii
Newly Registered

TFL COURT FINE APPLYIN ILR

Post by efsanevii » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi i am currently on visa which is Ecaa Ankara Agreement,last year i got caught on tube without valid ticket and got court summons as a result i get fine from court and i think i get criminal record regardin this issue i will be applying for ILR in june and i am worried if i ll get refused to ILR i dont know what to do is this court fine will affect my ILR?Does anyone has any idea or same related issue recently got ILR?

I read on the paper rehabilitaion act will be amended in spring time its says as a result court fine will be spent in 1 year time do you think this will help my case?

Amber
Mood:

Re: TFL COURT FINE APPLYIN ILR

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:33 pm

efsanevii wrote:Hi i am currently on visa which is Ecaa Ankara Agreement,last year i got caught on tube without valid ticket and got court summons as a result i get fine from court and i think i get criminal record regardin this issue i will be applying for ILR in june and i am worried if i ll get refused to ILR i dont know what to do is this court fine will affect my ILR?Does anyone has any idea or same related issue recently got ILR?

I read on the paper rehabilitaion act will be amended in spring time its says as a result court fine will be spent in 1 year time do you think this will help my case?
It does not matter about the rehabilitation of offenders act. You need to do 2 things - get a disclosure Scotland certificate now and do a sar at your police station. If you have a conviction from the court you will have to wait 24 months from the date of the conviction (a fine can be your sentence).

efsanevii
Newly Registered

Post by efsanevii » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:50 pm

So if i got conviction on my file is that going to be refused or is there any chances to get approved?what should i do know i dont know do i need to go solicitor regardin this matter
thanks for reply

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:01 pm

efsanevii wrote:So if i got conviction on my file is that going to be refused or is there any chances to get approved?what should i do know i dont know do i need to go solicitor regardin this matter
thanks for reply
If you have a recorded conviction with a non custodial sentence I.e. fine within the last 24 months your application will be refused. A solicitor will unlikely be able to help, the rules are clear. You will have to extend your stay until 24 months lapse and stay out of trouble in the mean time.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 pm

D4109125 wrote:
efsanevii wrote:So if i got conviction on my file is that going to be refused or is there any chances to get approved?what should i do know i dont know do i need to go solicitor regardin this matter
thanks for reply
If you have a recorded conviction with a non custodial sentence I.e. fine within the last 24 months your application will be refused. A solicitor will unlikely be able to help, the rules are clear. You will have to extend your stay until 24 months lapse and stay out of trouble in the mean time.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:59 pm

D4109125 wrote:
efsanevii wrote:Hi i am currently on visa which is Ecaa Ankara Agreement,last year i got caught on tube without valid ticket and got court summons as a result i get fine from court and i think i get criminal record regardin this issue i will be applying for ILR in june and i am worried if i ll get refused to ILR i dont know what to do is this court fine will affect my ILR?Does anyone has any idea or same related issue recently got ILR?

It does not matter about the rehabilitation of offenders act. You need to do 2 things - get a disclosure Scotland certificate now and do a sar at your police station. If you have a conviction from the court you will have to wait 24 months from the date of the conviction (a fine can be your sentence).
Correct. The application will be refused if it shows up on disclosure or PNC. If it does show up, best to extend your current leave and wait

efsanevii
Newly Registered

Post by efsanevii » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:40 pm

the problem is my visa is spefic visa which are applying for only Turkish citizens and its 1+3 year visa then u need to apply ILR , i dont realy know if i could apply further leave to remain in this situation so i am quite worried,i have seen few topics relatin to criminal conviction and some of cases has approved ILR so just need some more advise please

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm

If you have no other option and you meet all the other requirements then you should give it a shot and see what happens. You never know CW might overlook it as it is not a major offence. But as per the immigration rules are concerned, it is bound to be rejected. Goodluck

efsanevii
Newly Registered

Post by efsanevii » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:If you have no other option and you meet all the other requirements then you should give it a shot and see what happens. You never know CW might overlook it as it is not a major offence. But as per the immigration rules are concerned, it is bound to be rejected. Goodluck
Oke thanks for reply gagan, i ll try to find solution..

greenvilla

Post by greenvilla » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:00 am

hi there!

I had a court fine back in 2009 for fare evasion in london underground and I paid it. just to avoid any doubts I did basic disclosure and SAR(pnc) check from ACRO. Both came clean and I have to apply for my ILR in few months time.
Could any senior member answer me where do I stand after this situation? :(

Thnx

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:28 pm

@Gagan1986
Its not Case worker who look at the records. All convictions will come to light automatically during Bio Metric check. CW will only look at the other requirements and NOT individuals offences.
So, Amber suggest the best way to do SAR and Disclosure