ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for retained right of resident?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ricardo

Applying for retained right of resident?

Post by Ricardo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 am

Hello everyone, I have been following this forum for more than a year now. Sincerely speaking, I have been very impressed with the invaluable advice given to other members here on a regular basis.

To begin with, I will give YOU Guys a brief detail of my EEA 2 and divorce journey.

Married to EEA national in November 2008 outside the UK

Came to the UK December 2008 on a visitor visa

EEA national partner joined me in the UK march 2010

Application for EEA 1 & 2 made September 2010

Resident card issued January 2011

Divorce

Divorce initiated July 2012

Decree Nisi issued in December

Decree Absolute issued last week

Employment & self-employment

EEA national was working between May 2010 and February 2011

Self-employed from March 2011 till date

Evidence for self-employed for the month of March 2011 today’s date are listed below:

Joint current account bank statement from January 2011 till date (in both our names) showing evidence of buying stock in bulk from big stores in the UK and, also showing money coming in from customers, including PayPal withdrawal & payment.

PayPal transaction history statement showing details of transaction made from July 2012 till date

Ebay seller’s invoice & Business seller account activity from the month of July 2012 till date

3 invoice booklets covering March 2011 till date

Self assessment form for 2011/2012 financial year

Evidence of paying NI class 2 contribution by direct Debit showing in the Joint account bank statement (First huge payment made in July 2012, but covered March 2011 to July 2012)

NI class 2 contribution payment by direct Debit till date

My employment history

I have been working since September 2011 till date (I have all the payslips and employment contract)
[/b

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 am

I have all the evidence and document listed above.

Do you Guys think these evidence & document are good enough for me to successfully apply for retained right of residence?

When do you Guys think I can apply for my PR?

ravii

Post by ravii » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Sound like a good just add accountants letter as well.if you sent one accountants letter and NI payslip,self assessments,enough for your application.
Best regards

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks ravii. I dont have any accountant letter and NI Payslip. But I do have self assessment form (2011/2012). Since the NI contribution payment was made by Direct Debit and it is reflected on the bank statement, therefore, there is no need for NI payslip.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Is this business a source of sustenance, or can it be described as marginal or ancilliary.

Is there evidence of taxes being paid for the financial year, and evidence of tax return for this current financial year.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks Obie. The tax Return I have is only for 2011/2012, because one cannot file tax Return for this financial till April. For your other question; The business has been growing since it started in March 2011, and now selling more than 40 items in one calender month since she joined eBay in July 2012. I have been in full time employment since September 2011.

Ricardo

Update on my application for "Retained Right of Residen

Post by Ricardo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Application made on 13/03/13
Application received on 15/03/13
COA received on 04/04/13

However, there is something strange on the COA they sent to me. Let me just copy & paste the content I dont understand below.

application of March 2013 for a Residence Card.

We will make a decision on the application as soon as we can and, in any event, within the next 6 months.

Please do not telephone or make enquiries about the progress of the application before you hear from us unless a passport or other document is needed urgently, as this diverts resources from making decisions. If you need to contact us by telephone please use the number on this letter.
We advise you not to make any non-urgent travel plans until we have decided your application and returned your passport(s) or travel document(s).

At this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom. This will depend on the outcome of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights.

Two things I dont understand on the COA, firstly, the letter is saying that the application was for a Resident card despite clearly stating on my cover letter that the application was for "Retained Right of Residence" and I filled the relevant part of the form. Secondly, they said they cant confirm my right to work even though I have a continuing right to work.

Can experience members or those that have been through this process before confirm to me if this is the COA template they use for RoR application?
[/b]

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:29 pm

This is a normal format,
So no need to worry.
Regarding your right to work,What documents you attached with your application as a proof of your current treaty rights?
You can challenge your COA.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Imshzd wrote:What documents you attached with your application as a proof of your current treaty rights?
You can challenge your COA.
The documents I sent with my application are listed above.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:04 pm

You will be fine,don't worry.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Imshzd wrote:You will be fine,don't worry.
Thanks hopefully. I am looking at sending my recent payslip and Tax return for 2012/2013 financial year as soon as possible.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Updates on my application. Thank you very much to all members of this forum, especially the moderators and Gurus for your invaluable support. I have received an email from UKBA that I have been issued a new resident card.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:13 am

Ricardo wrote:Updates on my application. Thank you very much to all members of this forum, especially the moderators and Gurus for your invaluable support. I have received an email from UKBA that I have been issued a new resident card.
Thanks for the update. I am surprised though. Does UKBA send emails informing applicants about issuing anything?! Is it a new procedure?
Mean what you say, say what you mean

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:37 pm

I don't know whether it's new or not, but I have read here that members have been contacted by email or phone about decision on their application. They did call on the phone when I requested my passport back. They also made an attempt to contact me on the phone to request for a document few days ago. So it's not strange or new.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Ricardo wrote:I don't know whether it's new or not, but I have read here that members have been contacted by email or phone about decision on their application. They did call on the phone when I requested my passport back. They also made an attempt to contact me on the phone to request for a document few days ago. So it's not strange or new.

Thats really strange.

What documents they are asking from you over the phone?do you have any idea?

Or how do you know that the said call was from HO??

Just wondering as human rights are now investigating ukba facial behaviour now a days.

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:43 pm

Hello guys, I have received my new RC today. Once again thanks to you all.

Amebo
- thin ice -

Post by Amebo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:28 pm

[quote="Ricardo"]Hello guys, I have received my new RC today. Once again thanks to you all

Congrat RICARDO, pls was ur new RC issued on A4 paper, i remember you request ur passport back from HO when you last traveled, pls help me with this question..

Thanks
LET YOUR WILL BE DONE, OH LORD

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi amebo, it's A4 paper.

Amebo
- thin ice -

Post by Amebo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:16 pm

Ricardo wrote:Hi amebo, it's A4 paper.

Thanks Ricardo, enjoy urself and success in future for ur PR :D :D :D :D
LET YOUR WILL BE DONE, OH LORD