ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maternity allowance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

yvo1234

Maternity allowance

Post by yvo1234 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi,

I have 2 years spouse visa ( no recourse to public fund). Now I am pregnant, I need some information regarding maternity allowance,

Can I claim maternity allowance?. I have worked last year made reduncey.

My husband and son are British Citizen.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maternity allowance

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:48 pm

yvo1234 wrote:Hi,

I have 2 years spouse visa ( no recourse to public fund). Now I am pregnant, I need some information regarding maternity allowance,

Thanks
Yes as it's not a public fund. Your husband can claim child benefit and tax credits.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

crb

Post by crb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:31 am

my wife (on spouse visa) is pregnant with our second child, she hasn't worked at all, can we claim anything!!
currently receiving CB and CTC.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:10 am

crb wrote:my wife (on spouse visa) is pregnant with our second child, she hasn't worked at all, can we claim anything!!
currently receiving CB and CTC.
I assume you are working?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

crb

Post by crb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:11 pm

only 19hrs a week at the moment so no WTC

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:24 pm

crb wrote:only 19hrs a week at the moment so no WTC
You may be entitled to housing benefit/council tax reduction depending on your income. However, you need to be careful that the local authority assess your joint application as a single person's applicable amount otherwise your partner may breach the no recourse to public funds attachment.

fjimmy007
Newly Registered

Re: Maternity allowance-SMP 1 ALLOWANCE

Post by fjimmy007 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks
Hi to all,
I need an advice , I am british citizen and never claimed any benefit in my life, my wife is on spouse visa for 2 years and next year april 2014 she will be applying for her indefinite leave to remain, since she came to uk she was working , now she is pregnant and our baby is due on june 2013 , my question she have to leave her job as she cannot carry on, but she worked full time since she was here ,

My question is, her employer NHS is not paying her maternity pay as she did not work for them atleast 15 months, she only worked for them 6 months , so she decided to go statutory maternity pay which is called SMP 1

IS SHE ENTITLED TO GO FOR STATUTORY MATERNITY PAY WHILE SHE IS ON SPOUSE VISA - IS IT LEGAL OR IS OUR RIGHT-PLEASE INFORM ME , THANKS ALOT

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Maternity allowance-SMP 1 ALLOWANCE

Post by Amber » Sun May 12, 2013 7:27 pm

fjimmy007 wrote:

Thanks
Hi to all,
I need an advice , I am british citizen and never claimed any benefit in my life, my wife is on spouse visa for 2 years and next year april 2014 she will be applying for her indefinite leave to remain, since she came to uk she was working , now she is pregnant and our baby is due on june 2013 , my question she have to leave her job as she cannot carry on, but she worked full time since she was here ,

My question is, her employer NHS is not paying her maternity pay as she did not work for them atleast 15 months, she only worked for them 6 months , so she decided to go statutory maternity pay which is called SMP 1

IS SHE ENTITLED TO GO FOR STATUTORY MATERNITY PAY WHILE SHE IS ON SPOUSE VISA - IS IT LEGAL OR IS OUR RIGHT-PLEASE INFORM ME , THANKS ALOT
She is fine claiming SMP. You can claim child benefit once the child is born and a couple claim for tax credits.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS