ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Unmarried Partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

geramica
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Unmarried Partner

Post by geramica » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:35 am

Hi All,

I am a French citizen. My boyfriend and I are considering applying for an eea family permit as we would like to move to the UK. My brother lives in London and so that's where we will be residing until we get on our feet.
My question is, what proof/ evidence do we need to submit in order to atleast have a slight chance at a successful application?

Here's the deal. We have been together for 3 years and have been living together from JUne 2010 with lease agreements in both our names until present day. We have loads of pictures with both our families and we just opened a joint bank account last month. There are not any bills that are addressed to us with our address because its all inclusive in our lease. The only bills we have are our internet and cable bills with proof of address and one is in my name and the other in his name.
Can our receipts from our landlord serve as evidence? And also what other evidence would we need to provide?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:33 am

The receipts from landlord will also add to your list of documents, you seems to have enough evidence for the application. I would not worry about having fewer bill , if worried you can write a letter explaining that most of your bills have been included in the rent.

Good luck with your application.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Family Permit Unmarried Partner

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 pm

geramica wrote:Hi All,

My question is, what proof/ evidence do we need to submit in order to atleast have a slight chance at a successful application?

refer to weblink at below especially read SET5.13
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /#header13
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ravii

Post by ravii » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:12 pm

You just have one lease paper as a proof that you are living together for last 2 years(may be house mate/sharing the property),which is not enough.one month joint statement,not cover your last 2 years relation. Am not satisfied with your documents.
Best regards

geramica
Newly Registered

Post by geramica » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 pm

We have moved 3 times and have all leases and receipts also internet and cable bills are in our names with the same address. We recently opened a joint account and that's all the prove we have.
Our relationship is genuine and I love him too much that if we are refused I don't think I will be going to the UK. WE have both our family members and friends who can verify our genuine love and relationship.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Family Permit Unmarried Partner

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
geramica wrote:Hi All,

refer to weblink at below especially read SET5.13
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /#header13
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 pm

geramica wrote:We have moved 3 times and have all leases and receipts also internet and cable bills are in our names with the same address. We recently opened a joint account and that's all the prove we have.
Our relationship is genuine and I love him too much that if we are refused I don't think I will be going to the UK. WE have both our family members and friends who can verify our genuine love and relationship.
You should be ok. I moved to London with my EU unmarried partner and we didn't have any problems. We lived in Ireland together for just over 2 years. We sent lease, bills, pictures of us on holiday and with family, travel itineraries from holidays . . . We didn't have a joint bank account.

I received my family permit within a few weeks; however, I wasn't given the automatic right to work on this as we were unmarried (I was student anyway), but the EEA residence permit, which took about 5 months to receive did give me the right to work (they have to if approved).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 am

As an extended family member who holds a valid EEA Family, you are entitled to work, during the currency of your permit.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Obie wrote:As an extended family member who holds a valid EEA Family, you are entitled to work, during the currency of your permit.
To expand on this a little bit, the relationship has already been considered as part of the EEA FP issue process. So working is clearly allowed.