ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IN 10 Offence and ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kais

IN 10 Offence and ILR Application

Post by kais » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 am

My information is as follows:

I have been given 6 Points on License with IN10 code + £240 fine by Court after pleading guilty in Feb 2010 followed by Offence Dated September 2009. I am due to apply in Feb 2014 for ILR.

Need to know:

1-is it Criminal conviction and do i have to TICK on the application form that i have had criminal conviction?
2- How will it effect ILR application based on new rules regarding driving offences from Dec 2012?
3- I am on tier 2 Gen 5 years will complete in Feb.

Thanks

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:34 am

@kais

1. Yes, it is a criminal conviction and it is one of the few driving offences that are recorded. You will need to tick the yes box
2. If the date of conviction (not the date of offence) is more than two years in the past then you are fine. However, there have been several cases of people that have been granted ILR with conviction less than 2 years.
3. If your T2G expires in Feb '14 and the date of your conviction is Feb '10, I believe you are fine without any issue according to new Dec 2012 rule.

kais

Post by kais » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 am

sayome_now wrote:@kais

1. Yes, it is a criminal conviction and it is one of the few driving offences that are recorded. You will need to tick the yes box
2. If the date of conviction (not the date of offence) is more than two years in the past then you are fine. However, there have been several cases of people that have been granted ILR with conviction less than 2 years.
3. If your T2G expires in Feb '14 and the date of your conviction is Feb '10, I believe you are fine without any issue according to new Dec 2012 rule.
Thanks @ Sayome_Now. Much appreciated. SOrry my mistake that i think i didnt mention 5 Years Period for ILR is in February 2014.
Cheers