ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucess -27th Feb PEO Croydon-HSMP+Tier1-398 days absent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haris2108

ILR Sucess -27th Feb PEO Croydon-HSMP+Tier1-398 days absent

Post by Haris2108 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi all

I want to thank this forum as it was very helpful in resolving all my issues related to ILR.
I was on HSMP + Tier 1
However I had total 398 days absent( 278 business + 120 personal) and never more than 180 days in single year. Although I had employer letter for my absences I was little doubtful because of rules before Dec 13th related to continuous residence absence which is not more than 180 days in total 5 years. I think rules after Dec 13th made my case easier.

My appointment was at 9:15AM but reached by 7:55AM - they allowed us after airport style check, made payment at 8 AM and called for biometric in 15 min. Biometrics was delayed little bit for us as my 2 year old son was scared of having photo and it took us 30 min to have his photo. Thank God there was one gentleman who made situation easy by his iPad and just running a game and keeping it on top of camera which made my son to have glance towards it and photo was captured. For some reason he liked only iPad and not i Phone game which I was showing all the time ;(. Strange things happens which you never expect ;)

I was called by a case worker around 10 AM and she asked me to give all docs and photo copies. I said to her if she needs any other, she can ask me, she said she will take 90 min to assess the case and will call me if she needs any. However after 30 min she called me and said, she will take 20 min tea break and look the case again ;) I said ok. We just sat on a bench which is quite close to her and just watching her( she was nice looking though ;)

I provided the following docs

1. SET(O) - Form
2. 2 Passport photos each - myself, my wife and son
3. 12 months Online payslips which are attested by my company
4. 12 months bank statements ( I underlined all the salary payments)
5. Life in the UK - myself and my wife
6. Last 4 years P60's and HMRC letter for my employment history for the past 4 years( I do not have yet any for 5th year as financial year is not finished)
6. Cohab docs( Utility bills, Council letter, NHS letter) covering 3 year period
7.Absent sheet - In the form, I wrote all my absences each but in the seperate sheet I provided number of days I was absent in each calendar year as per the format of given example in the continuos residence period guidance and also clearly mentioning that no absence is more than 180 days in any 12 month calendar period of total 5 years..

After 90 min, she called and said my case is straightforward and ILR is granted. She gave back all originals and kept photocopies. She gave 3 letters asking if the details in that letters are correct so that the same content details will be printed the in BRP card. I found one mistake in the letter of my wife where her place of birth is wrongly written. She corrected and gave the new one and asked us to sign them. She said BRP will be received in 7 to 10 days.

To conclude, what I would say is, keep it simple and decent. I carried several other docs of my previous employer, absent letters, payslips,bank statements and several other but did not handover. Thought that I will give only if she asks and mentioned to her that I have all the supporting docs and ask me if she needs any. She didnt ask though.

I thank once again for this forum for resolving several of my queries and now I am waiting for my BRP cards to come through.

Cheers
haris
Last edited by Haris2108 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

db83

Post by db83 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:00 pm

good stuff...Congratulations
I'm just trying to help !

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Congratulations. She approved every thing very quickly because she must have blown away,as to how handsome you looked. :o :D

Gob00st

Re: ILR Sucess -27th Feb PEO Croydon-HSMP+Tier1-398 days abs

Post by Gob00st » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:44 pm

good stuff! Congratulations!!!
Haris2108 wrote:Hi all

I want to thank this forum as it was very helpful in resolving all my issues related to ILR.
I was on HSMP + Tier 1
However I had total 398 days absent( 278 business + 120 personal) and never more than 180 days in single year. Although I had employer letter for my absences I was little doubtful because of rules before Dec 13th related to continuous residence absence which is not more than 180 days in total 5 years. I think rules after Dec 13th made my case easier.

My appointment was at 9:15AM but reached by 7:55AM - they allowed us after airport style check, made payment at 8 AM and called for biometric in 15 min. Biometrics was delayed little bit for us as my 2 year old son was scared of having photo and it took us 30 min to have his photo. Thank God there was one gentleman who made situation easy by his iPad and just running a game and keeping it on top of camera which made my son to have glance towards it and photo was captured. For some reason he liked only iPad and not i Phone game which I was showing all the time ;(. Strange things happens which you never expect ;)

I was called by a case worker around 10 AM and she asked me to give all docs and photo copies. I said to her if she needs any other, she can ask me, she said she will take 90 min to assess the case and will call me if she needs any. However after 30 min she called me and said, she will take 20 min tea break and look the case again ;) I said ok. We just sat on a bench which is quite close to her and just watching her( she was nice looking though ;)

I provided the following docs

1. SET(O) - Form
2. 2 Passport photos each - myself, my wife and son
3. 12 months Online payslips which are attested by my company
4. 12 months bank statements ( I underlined all the salary payments)
5. Life in the UK - myself and my wife
6. Last 4 years P60's and HMRC letter for my employment history for the past 4 years( I do not have yet any for 5th year as financial year is not finished)
6. Cohab docs( Utility bills, Council letter, NHS letter) covering 3 year period
7.Absent sheet - In the form, I wrote all my absences each but in the seperate sheet I provided number of days I was absent in each calendar year as per the format of given example in the continuos residence period guidance and also clearly mentioning that no absence is more than 180 days in any 12 month calendar period of total 5 years..

After 90 min, she called and said my case is straightforward and ILR is granted. She gave back all originals and kept photocopies. She gave 3 letters asking if the details in that letters are correct so that the same content details will be printed the in BRP card. I found one mistake in the letter of my wife where her place of birth is wrongly written. She corrected and gave the new one and asked us to sign them. She said BRP will be received in 7 to 10 days.

To conclude, what I would say is, keep it simple and decent. I carried several other docs of my previous employer, absent letters, payslips,bank statements and several other but did not handover. Thought that I will give only if she asks and mentioned to her that I have all the supporting docs and ask me if she needs any. She didnt ask though.

I thank once again for this forum for resolving several of my queries and now I am waiting for my BRP cards to come through.

Cheers
haris

svisharma
Newly Registered

180 days

Post by svisharma » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi Haris, you mentioned following in your message:

"...and also clearly mentioning that no absence is more than 180 days in any 12 month calendar period of total 5 years."

How did you count any 12 calendar period? As per the guide you only need to count the year from the date you apply. For example, if you apply on 01st August 2013 then you count 12 months as 01st August 2012 to 31st July 2013.

In my case I have one continuous stay of 207 days outside of UK but if I apply such that 207 is split in two differ

ent years, then will I not be eligible for ILR?

Thanks for letting me know.

corby
Newly Registered

Post by corby » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 am

@svisharma have a look at the URL below :
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125765

Haris2108

Post by Haris2108 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:43 am

Hello

I wrote a table like this

UK Absence in each calendar year from the date of application (27th of Feb 2013)
From Till Total days away
Year 1 27/02/2013 26/02/2012 0 < 180 days
Year 2 27/02/2012 26/02/2011 81 < 180 days
Year 3 27/02/2011 26/02/2010 125 < 180 days
Year 4 27/02/2010 26/02/2009 85 < 180 days
Year 5 27/02/2009 26/03/2008 107 < 180 days

1. No absence more than 180 days in any calendar year from the preceding application ie 27th Feb 2013
2. No single absence more than 90 days
3. All absences were because of either work related business trips or annual leave or on holiday while changing the job.
4. Salary was paid in UK in GBP, Income Tax/NI was paid in UK - during the work related business trips and during annual leave throughout the 5 year period

Hope this helps!
Cheers
Haris

dan_vels
Newly Registered

employer letter

Post by dan_vels » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi Haris,

Could you please share the format of employer letter for your absences outside UK.

Regards,
Dan

db83

Re: employer letter

Post by db83 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 pm

dan_vels wrote:Hi Haris,

Could you please share the format of employer letter for your absences outside UK.

Regards,
Dan

Check Sticky notes

dan_vels
Newly Registered

Re: employer letter

Post by dan_vels » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:42 pm

db83 wrote:
dan_vels wrote:Hi Haris,

Regards,
Dan

Check Sticky notes
Sticky notes??? any website URL please!

db83

Post by db83 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Hit the back button from this screen and in the grid you would read sticky notes...which means topics that always remain on top. There is a topic where a member has posted an employee letter format

SU2012
- thin ice -

Post by SU2012 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Congrats Haris. Please let us know when you get your BRP card. I attended the Solihull PEO on 12-Feb with 1 Dependent and was granted ILR. I have got my BRP card, still waiting for dependent.