ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave letter from Employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confused_soul
Newly Registered

Leave letter from Employer

Post by confused_soul » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:57 am

Hi All:
I am appearing for ILR Set(O) interview. I am on Tier 1 at the moment.
I have a question with respect to my time out of country.
I had taken 15 days every year when I was out of the country on annual leave. (The total is < 75 days ).
Do I need to get a leave of absence from the employer for this? I read something to this effect when I was filling the Set(O). Could anyone clarify?
Thanks

db83

Post by db83 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:29 am

YOu dont need an employer letter if all your absences were in Tier 1/HSMP visa and obviously obliging the fact that these were less than 180 days in a year.

During this 5 year period, if you were on WP/Tier 2 - then you would need an employer letter for that period to certify your absences from UK
I'm just trying to help !

suis

Post by suis » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 am

Hi ,
i am on HSMP + Tier1
as far as i am concern you do not need any letter in here, i am also going to apply for ILR on PEO Office in Glasgow, and i i already tool more than 50 days of annual leave for last 5 yrs time. we don't need any letter from the employer for our absence, but for Tier2 you need this letter,

i have researched many weeks on this topic ..

thanks

confused_soul
Newly Registered

Post by confused_soul » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks very much. For some time I was on WP and then converted to Tier1. I never travelled during WP. So, I assume, I dont need the letter

db83

Post by db83 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 am

For some time I was on WP and then converted to Tier1. I never travelled during WP. So, I assume, I dont need the letter
If you haven't travelled outside UK with the WP visa, then the letter is not required
I'm just trying to help !

KALA2013
Newly Registered

Post by KALA2013 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 am

Hi,

I am due for ILR now and I am trying to fill in the application form.

I have the following query:

In Section 6.2 the dates for the absences from the UK is asked. Under that evidence for each absence is asked.

Can some please suggest me what evidence can be provided? I can think of my passport alone, as it has the immigration stamps? Any thing else can be provided?

Should I be getting a letter from my employer during my absence? If yes can anyone provide me with a template.

Please advice.

Regards,
Kala

aarnav

Post by aarnav » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:06 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=127521

I have indicated letter os support + absences letter here ,you can pick the wording for absence from the thread ( 3rd post)

THen create a table with these columns

Country visited

Reason ( Personal,Business, tourism)

Date left UK ( DD/MM/YYYY)

Date returned to UK ( DD/MM/YYYY)

Number of Days

At the end of table end number of days to show total