ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Work Permit to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lcpjason
Newly Registered

From Work Permit to ILR

Post by lcpjason » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:15 pm

I have a 60 months (5 years) Work Permit with Entry Clearance since 2009.
My entry clearance start date is 1 January 2009 and end date 1 January 2014
For some unavoidable reason, I only manage to enter UK a month after the date of my entry clearance start date.
My first entry to UK is 1 Feb 2009

I'm planning to apply for ILR at the end of my work permit.
My questions are:

1. What is the exact earliest date I can apply for ILR?

2. Do I need to apply for some sort of extension of my Work Permit as I enter the UK 1 month after the entry clearance start date?

3. I'm still working with the same company, but my company had been re-brand to a new name. Will this affect my application?

Many thanks in advance!

Gagan1986

Re: From Work Permit to ILR

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:36 pm

lcpjason wrote:I have a 60 months (5 years) Work Permit with Entry Clearance since 2009.
My entry clearance start date is 1 January 2009 and end date 1 January 2014
For some unavoidable reason, I only manage to enter UK a month after the date of my entry clearance start date.
My first entry to UK is 1 Feb 2009

I'm planning to apply for ILR at the end of my work permit.
My questions are:

1. What is the exact earliest date I can apply for ILR?

2. Do I need to apply for some sort of extension of my Work Permit as I enter the UK 1 month after the entry clearance start date?

3. I'm still working with the same company, but my company had been re-brand to a new name. Will this affect my application?

Many thanks in advance!
1. Eligible to apply after 3rd Dec 2013
2. No
3.you should send a technical change of employment form which a change of name for your employer. Below is the link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... employment