ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA RC Transfer Processing Time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stylish2g2
Newly Registered

EEA RC Transfer Processing Time

Post by stylish2g2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:32 am

I had my Residence Card issued last year October 2012, however, the Ukba issued the RC on a A4 paper because they said the pages in my passport has run out even though there was 2 pages in.

During the the interview, the officer told me he was going to issue my visa on a free standing document (A4 ) so that after i get a new passport, i will have to send them the new passport with the A4 RC so they will transfer it into the passport. Is been more than 4 weeks now i sent in my registered RC(A4) with my passport but no responds. I will have to travel next month and i really need my passport. Please do anyone have an idea as to how long it normally takes?? I will be very happy to get some fews guys. Thanks

ravii

Post by ravii » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am

6 months but if they are not busy then less then 6 months.
Best regards

flipper77

Re: EEA RC Transfer Processing Time

Post by flipper77 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:43 am

I don't think there is any requirement to have the Residence Card transferred to your passport. I had my RC issued on a freestanding A4 page, and this was because I had requested my passport be returned to me, prior to a decision being made.

Also, I thought to have a new RC added to your passport, you needed to go through the entire process again. What did you send to the UKBA? Have you received any confirmation that they have received your documents?
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA RC Transfer Processing Time

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 am

stylish2g2 wrote:I had my Residence Card issued last year October 2012, however, the Ukba issued the RC on a A4 paper because they said the pages in my passport has run out even though there was 2 pages in.

During the the interview, the officer told me he was going to issue my visa on a free standing document (A4 ) so that after i get a new passport, i will have to send them the new passport with the A4 RC so they will transfer it into the passport. Is been more than 4 weeks now i sent in my registered RC(A4) with my passport but no responds. I will have to travel next month and i really need my passport. Please do anyone have an idea as to how long it normally takes?? I will be very happy to get some fews guys. Thanks

Its equal to making a new application that consume the same standard time of 6 Months. However, for travel you can request your passport back and if at the time of decision the caseworker again has no passport then he will either ask you to send passport or issue another A4 sized EEA2 RC on page.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS