ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

from_india

EC Application - My Findings

Post by from_india » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:48 am

Hi All,

Yesterday I applied for EC from Bangalore (India). A few things I came to know:

1. First of all, the lead time for the EC issuance is 15 working days. The reason being you will have to undergo a medical checkup. As per my current knowledge, they will send you a letter asking you to take a medical test. This happens after they authorize your EC and before they print it (makes sense!). I will share my experience if I they ask me for the medical test (which i hope they do because that would mean my EC was authorized).

2. The Size of the photograph should be 50mm * 50mm. Note that the size mentioned on their site as well as on the EC - VAF1 is 45mm * 35 mm.

3. For the HSMP Dependant EC for spouse: You need a marriage certificate. Better if you supplement that with marriage photographs.

4. For the HSMP Dependant EC for your child: You need a birth certificate of your child.

Apart from above I had to provide the following:

1. Previous 3 years tax return forms in original.
2. Salary slips of past 6 months.
3. If you have a job offer letter from UK, attach that.
4. Accommodation arrangement proof in UK (online hotel booking receipt).
5. A photo copy of the passport (front page where your photo is printed). Note that this is needed and is nowhere mentioned.

So whatever I could do, I have done! Now, just waiting for the result!! Hope the result would be positive!!! :|

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:27 am

hi

what if we dont have ITr FOR 3 yrs. i dont have ya. i have only for an year

from_india

Post by from_india » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:38 am

If you dont have, you dont have. My guess (and it's a pure guess) is that this is just for them to be 100% that you are not making false claims about your earnings. Although, for them it would surely raise a question mark as to why you dont have it for the past three years, if you could prove that your earning evidences are not manipuated (like submitting the 6 months bank account statement with salary deposite clearly marked, salary slips, etc), then I guess (and hope) that it should be sufficient. Just my 2 cents!!!

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:32 pm

as far as i know u never need an ITR for EC.
Yes you need your approval letter along with other supporting documents.
may be im wrong..but this is what i have read in this forum...

all the very best...

aj_sp_007
________
Motorcycle Tires
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

from_india

Post by from_india » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:50 pm

Well, when i submitted the EC form, she asked me for the ITR and that's why i submitted it. My understanding also was that you dont need it; but thats what they asked for. By the way, everything that I have mentioned in my list above is asked by them.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:40 am

Hi,

When did they ask you?
Did you go to the embassy personally or applied through VFS?
Just a querry.

The EC process is not described in detail by anybody from India, after the new rules implemented.

Pls. share all your exp. dealing with British Embassy

NNJ10

from_india

Post by from_india » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:22 am

Sure!

I submitted my application in VFS office in Bangalore. Though they have the British embassy in Chennai, they accept the application forms in Bangalore. The Bangalore VFS working hours are 08:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 15:00.

1. I went to the VFS office, waited in a queue for the token (the queue was not big and there were 10-15 people at that time). I got the token and entered the office.

2. There are two counters where they check the applications for the correctness, make any changes if needed, request any additional documents. Upon my turn, I went to one of the counters.

3. The lady there checked my application form, and made some changes. ONE OF THE MAJOR CHANGES WAS TO CHANGE THE EXPECTED STAY IN UK FROM 1 YEAR to 2 YEARS. Yeah, form this forum, I had got the information that we should answer 1 YEAR to the question 5.1 on the EC application form; but that’s not true. YOUR ANSWER SHOULD BE "2 YEARS" TO THE QUESTION # 5.1 IN APPLICATION FORM.

4. On the same counter, the lady asked me about the other documents I might have and she specifically mentioned about all the documents listed in my first post (in this thread).
IMPORTANT: NOTE THAT THEY WILL ASK FOR THE DOCUMENTS BUT IF YOU DONT PROVIDE THOSE, THEY WILL STILL ACCEPT THE FORM. THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD WANT TO DO, YOU WOULD WANT TO PROVIDE ALL THE DOCUMENTS THAT THEY ASK FOR, because on the form they put a remark like they asked for the documents and the applicant didn’t provide those, and the applicant is OK with sending the application without providing the requested documents. Note that you won’t be aware that such a remark was made (and they don’t inform you that they are making such a remark - something that I didn’t like). I came to know about this remark because I could not submit the application (due to photo size not matching) in the first go and brought my application back home, that’s when I saw that remark.

5. Once they check/correct the application they assemble it in a bag and you are not supposed to change the order of the assembled documents. Then you wait for your turn to pay the fees and submit the application.

6. After the submission is over and you pay the fees, come out, take a deep breath, tell to yourself - "whatever I had to do I did, now I am going to just wait and hope for the positive result". :-)

Hope this helps!

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:37 am

excellent..thanks for ur description. now i have one doubt. i had been to uk on wp 4 yrs ago and was there for 2 yrs. do i need to mention any details abt my wp in vfs form. do i need to disclose this fact. if not, will they come to know abt this. becos i overstayed by 5 months becos of wp being in the HO for extention. and when i didnt get the extention, i had to come back. i was under stress regarding this , if it might affect my EC for HSMP. also i dont have ITR for 3 yrs.
guys pls advise me on the above 2 points, if it will affect my ec.
thanks for all ur help

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:47 am

Hi From_India

Thanks for describing the process.
Wish you good luck.

NNJ10

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:57 am

Hi,

Thanks for describing your experience wonderfully....really helps!

I however, have 2 questions...

1. Does one need to prepare a statement of expenses for the stay in UK?

2. I would assume showing as high an amount as possible for the financial position is desirable, but what should be a reasonable amount?

Regards.

baskey

Post by baskey » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi all,

VFS people are very rough. Only at the time of application they demand so many things. I know, some cases they asked for original 10th and 12th certificates and 2inch square photo. They never tell you to bring these documents when anyone makes email enquiries or they don't specify these requirements in the website. I was terribly upset, when I have applied EC for my wife. They told, they will accept photos which are processed manually and digital photo's are not accepted. Its a bull****.
They have right to ask more documents, but why can't they tell in first place when we make enquiry to them. Also they look and behave very authoritative than consulate people despite the fact we provide extra money for their services.

Regards,

Baskey

from_india

Post by from_india » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Agree!

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:57 pm

Can't we directly file the application for visa in embassy itself? Do we really need these f***ing VFS consultants?!! Is there any weightage involved in filing with help with VFS? What else?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:19 pm

I would like to add to this..
in Mumbai VFS, they didnt accept my Photo al though it was as per required Specification..They told me that it was not "Clear"...Although it was quite obvios that it was clear..( i got it done from a professional photographer in white background etc..)..
But they told me to take another photo from THEIR photgrapher in next room..I had no option..
Any charges for that "Clear" photos ???150 Rs. for 4 copies..

Ashish

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 pm

VFS’ attitude is - "everything needs to be under my control" till you get your visa stamped.

The whole "photograph format" itself explains the typical bureaucracy that you would find in India.

Their tactics is to make money by refusing to accept anything other than 50x50mm because they have invested in a machine which takes such photos for their digitalizers.
Infact, their digitaliser machines should be capable of converting standard passport format as per the embassy requirement, but the poor public are taken for a ride by them concealing this information.

The is the "service" they are doing for the public by charging a huge money.
In fact, VFS is a "facilitator", which means, the only "power" vested with them is to send the digitalised format of the application to the nearest embassy' for processing, track the status, and receive the digitalised visa and they affix it on your passport on behalf of the embassy.

I don’t know how many people demand a proper explanation in writing from them when they say things which do not make any sense.

This is 21st century and this privatised facility, VFS is clearly run by cowboys – no doubt. How come the British embassy officials can still pretend to be totally unaware of all this?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:24 pm

Still not able to understand what to provide for accomodation proof!
It's not necessary that you are flying just a day after you cleared EC, so how can I book the accomodation in advance if I do not know when I am going there? How can I book the accomodation if I do not know the result of EC?

What do you guys show as an alternative?

from_india

Post by from_india » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:14 am

OK. Today, the Entry Clearance was issued to me and my family. No Medical, No interview. Period.

One point to note: I had requested the EC to be valid from 25 FEB, but I got it to be valid from the date it was stamped. So either I didnt highlight my need properly or they just didnt care about what i requested. Anyway. Good to get the EC. Now see you guys in London!

This forum helped me immensely, and I will be glad to repay a bit of that on every apportunity. So please dont hesitate to ask your queries!!

jigs1982
Newly Registered

Post by jigs1982 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 am

Congratulations on your EC. Can you pls tell me how much time does it take you to get EC. When did you apply for EC ?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:06 am

jigs1982,

see his first post, he posted on 11th saying that "YESTERDAY I applied". It clearly means that he applied on 10th Jan.

any Qs?

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:36 am

guys,

I have one thing to clarify.
i had been in UK in 2002 -2004. april -april. but my wp visa was only for 18 months , but overstayed for 7 months,becos of extention problem. my old passport with uk stamp has expired and i now have a new passport.
do we need to mention abt our earlier uk visits in the VFS form. does the VFS people ask for the old passport. pl share ur experiences of how the VFS form looks like.
also, one more doubt..can pregnant women (3-4 months) allowed to travel to uk.

i got my approval (yet to get the letter). frank posted it thru UPS yesterday..so iwll get it by thursday..god its 48 hrs more....

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 am

Would printout of online VAF work?
Also, how to pay the Visa fees?

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:14 am

guys,

nobody answered my question..

pl respond..its ugrent..

dowe have to mention our previous travel to uk in the vfs form..becos of my overstay for 7 months in earlier stay, am worried, if it will affect my present stamping

John

Post by John » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:32 am

freebirds wrote:do we need to mention abt our earlier uk visits in the VFS form. does the VFS people ask for the old passport. pl share ur experiences of how the VFS form looks like.
also, one more doubt..can pregnant women (3-4 months) allowed to travel to uk.
Just look at the form! It asks about previous visits to the UK? Yes, so there is the answer to your question.

Pregnant woman flying? 3 or 4 months no problem. But check with the website of the intended airline for their detailed rules. They tend to say that after a certain number of weeks that a doctor's certificate is required.
hsmp28122006 wrote:Would printout of online VAF work?
Also, how to pay the Visa fees?
It would have been helpful to post which country you would be applying in. As a Moderator here I can see the IP address you used and therefore work out where in the world you are.

So I can say to you that in your country you can apply online, and indeed pay online, and then just follow the instructions online about where to send the supporting evidence.
John

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:40 am

thanks john..so the uk people at airport or the EC officers will not have any problem in granting EC/allowing my spouse to uk along with me whos carrying util 3-4 months..
thats good news..
and one more doubt i have is ..will it cause any harm to my EC if i disclose my overstay in uk during my previous stay

John

Post by John » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:58 am

The amount your wife is pregnant is not an issue as far as the Immigration Officer at the UK port of entry is concerned. It will be an issue to the airline if she is more than a certain number of weeks pregnant.

Do appreciate that even non-Visa Nationals need to have a visa in their passport in order to travel to the UK if the intended period of stay is going to exceed 6 months (as a visitor). You and your wife need to get those visas sorted out before travelling.

The overstaying? No absolute bar against you, but all factors taken into account.
John