ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship for EEA Applicants?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lulu007
Newly Registered

Sponsorship for EEA Applicants?

Post by lulu007 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi guys,

I have a question about work after receiving a RC.

I read a lot about this sponsorship thing which might make it hard to get the job you are looking for.
So i had a little look to find out if it is applicable for people under the EEA route as well.
It seems like only people in the point based system are affected as ukba is writing all about tiers.

Can a person with a eea rc just apply anyway like any eu national ( with exeptions) or british? How does it work?

Many thanks for any help

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Sponsorship for EEA Applicants?

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 pm

lulu007 wrote:Hi guys,

I have a question about work after receiving a RC.

I read a lot about this sponsorship thing which might make it hard to get the job you are looking for.
So i had a little look to find out if it is applicable for people under the EEA route as well.
It seems like only people in the point based system are affected as ukba is writing all about tiers.

Can a person with a eea rc just apply anyway like any eu national ( with exeptions) or british? How does it work?

Many thanks for any help
A residence card holder can work.

aledeniz

Re: Sponsorship for EEA Applicants?

Post by aledeniz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:12 am

lulu007 wrote:Can a person with a eea rc just apply anyway like any eu national ( with exeptions) or british? How does it work?
Look for a job, the first work they offer you, they will ask you to see your passport, show them your passport and your RC, they will make a copy and keep on file.
Before February 2008, my British employers never asked to check my passport, but since then they have to do it by law.

If you wish to know more about this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary