ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP + job title change + salary rise

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alanwong

WP + job title change + salary rise

Post by alanwong » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 am

I am work permit holder and have been working for the same employer for 4 years 9 months. I got a promotion early last year. This has a change to my job title and a rise in my salary. This promotion follows the company's job family model (after about 4 years, people will get promoted if they are doing well). However my manager and I did not realize that we had to change my visa or notify home office. From this forum I learned that my situation requires a Tier 2 visa application. I talked to my manager and my manager talked to HR and finally they decided that I had to get a Tier 2 visa. HR has actually started COS application.
1.My question is that, can I apply for ILR without applying for a Tier 2 visa first?
Cos I have not got the CoS yet, once I got it. I will be not far away (at most one month, I guess) from being eligible for applying for ILR.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Change of title due to promotion won't be classed under notification of technical change. How much has your job changed?

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:Change of title due to promotion won't be classed under notification of technical change. How much has your job changed?
You are right, the HR people think it is more than technical change and a Tier 2 visa has to be applied. However neither of HR and my manager were aware of it before. I have been doing more or less the same thing, but with a bit more responsibility and autonomy. This change in fact is gradual. The salary rise is ~3K per year. The job title is changed from xx to senior xx.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Salary increase is not an issue and if the title has changed and duties are similar you might just get away it. However there is no guarantee.

Is there a difference between the salary on SOC code of practice?

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:Salary increase is not an issue and if the title has changed and duties are similar you might just get away it. However there is no guarantee.

Is there a difference between the salary on SOC code of practice?
I had a look at the SOC code and think the SOC code is the same for the two job titles.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm

You don't need to get into the malarkey of getting tier 2 then.

I had the same issues,was on old work permit. My employers address got changed so did a technical change form but also included the updated job title And increased salary before I got ILR.

As long as you are working for the same employer and doing pretty much similar role then you should be fine

aarnav

Post by aarnav » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:42 pm

I had gone through the same

But as long as your SOC code hasn't changed ,your company designation doesn't matter

increments & promotions happen

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:43 am

aarnav wrote:I had gone through the same

But as long as your SOC code hasn't changed ,your company designation doesn't matter

increments & promotions happen

Many thanks for your reply. Thanks also go to Gagan1986.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Good luck, keep us updated