ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1st British Passport - Return of document - Secure Delivery

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BigSam

1st British Passport - Return of document - Secure Delivery

Post by BigSam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Hello folks,

Could anybody who applied for their first adult passport and ticked the "Return supporting document by secure mail" share how their supporting documents were returned please?

Was "Secure mail" a Royal Mail Special Delivery? or were they returned by a courier?

From what I can see, it appears that British passports are being dropped through the letter box with no signature needed, is this the same for the return of supporting document by secure mail?

Thanks
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:01 am

It's a courier (DX). The same one which delivers the passport. Sometimes they will drop through the letterbox. In other cases, they will require a signature. It all depends how "secure" DX consider your mailbox (no idea what the criteria is).

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 am

I think if the letter box is normally at the main door of the property (i.e. letter drops inside) then it is considered secure however if it's a separate letter box placed in the communal area or next to staircases, then they are treated as non-secure.

also, DX is one of the courier agencies that allowes redirection and delivery to a different address (especially if you need to receive the post at work).

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:24 am

Thanks guys!!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Another quick question folks

Is it true that if you ask for your supporting documents to be returned by secure mail that the IPS will keep hold of them until they send you your British passport? Otherwise, they will send them back by normal second class post before your interview?

In other words, if you don't chose secure mail, you get your supporting documents sooner?

Thanks

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 am

BigSam wrote:Is it true that if you ask for your supporting documents to be returned by secure mail that the IPS will keep hold of them until they send you your British passport? Otherwise, they will send them back by normal second class post before your interview?
No, the documents are sent separately from the passport, in this case.