ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdraw tier 4 application-Can it effect future application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pinkpanter

Withdraw tier 4 application-Can it effect future application

Post by pinkpanter » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 pm

I and my brother have to go to Dubai to see my father who is very ill. I have Permanent residence but, my brother is in student visa and his visa application is under consideration for extension. His visa has been expired on 31st Oct'12, but he had applied on time for extension i.e 29th Oct'12. He received a letter for biomatric just last week, but he hasn't done it yet.

Unfortunately, now we had to go to UAE to see my father and my brother has requested an email to UKBA for Return of Documents. Now, I am wondering as he has already withdrawn application and may be become over stayed. I would be grateful if someone could advice the following questions:

Can he again apply for tier 4 application from UAE now?
If he wants to apply for any other country, will it be impact on his application?

Please advice Much appreciated..!!!

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Withdrawal is not a refusal. You are withdrawing your application before any decision is made. Therefore, it will not have any negative impact on your brother's future visa applications for any other country as well.

He can apply again from UAE or any other country as long as he is fulfilling the requirement of that specific visa category.

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 am

He has now received his passport on Sat 16th March (letter date 15th). How many days maximum he has got in order to travel to avoid over stayer. The letter only stated:

Dated: 15/03/2013.

"I am returning your passports as requested. This cancels the previous application".

The problem is due to busy period, my employer can only give me Annual leave from 31st Mar'13 (not early then this) and we want to go together. Can we book tickets for 31st March and would it be a problem for him??

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Withdraw tier 4 application-Can it effect future applica

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 am

pinkpanter wrote:I and my brother have to go to Dubai to see my father who is very ill. I have Permanent residence but, my brother is in student visa and his visa application is under consideration for extension. His visa has been expired on 31st Oct'12, but he had applied on time for extension i.e 29th Oct'12. He received a letter for biomatric just last week, but he hasn't done it yet.

Unfortunately, now we had to go to UAE to see my father and my brother has requested an email to UKBA for Return of Documents. Now, I am wondering as he has already withdrawn application and may be become over stayed. I would be grateful if someone could advice the following questions:

Can he again apply for tier 4 application from UAE now?
If he wants to apply for any other country, will it be impact on his application?

Please advice Much appreciated..!!!
When an application is being sent for extension before the visa/leave expiry then Section 3C extends the leave till the decision time regardless of the fact that existing visa is expired while processing. And if an applicant ask for the return of passport for travel then application get withdrawn and Section 3C ends immediately. So if the applicant leave the country and re-apply from home country then it should not cause any problem at all.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 pm

I think it will not be an issue to stay till 31st March. But, if there is no urgent or special reason to stay in UK, he should leave as soon as possible. UK visa and immigration matters are so sensative now a days.