ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Straightforward application - what is current typical wait?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ttime
Newly Registered

Straightforward application - what is current typical wait?

Post by Ttime » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 am

Have done postal application (using checking service) end of Jan, to change spouse visa to ILR. I expect my application will be straightforward (australian, no criminal record, bad credit or anything!). Instruction to get biometrics done came at end of Feb but they'd spelt my name wrong on the letter, so had to wait 3 weeks for new letter. Ive had Biometrics done now - desperately need to know how long straightforward applications are taking on average now. Would I be able to get any info if I rang them?

Amber
Mood:

Re: Straightforward application - what is current typical wa

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:24 am

Ttime wrote:Have done postal application (using checking service) end of Jan, to change spouse visa to ILR. I expect my application will be straightforward (australian, no criminal record, bad credit or anything!). Instruction to get biometrics done came at end of Feb but they'd spelt my name wrong on the letter, so had to wait 3 weeks for new letter. Ive had Biometrics done now - desperately need to know how long straightforward applications are taking on average now. Would I be able to get any info if I rang them?
You will get no information when you ring until it has been 6 months. You can expect to wait 2-5 months after biometrics. If you wanted sooner you should have used the peo and you would have got a same day decision.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:31 am

Mine is a straightforward application. Applied ILR in Oct 2012 and still waiting. Now it is a waiting game..

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:38 am

Your case will be dealt by typical UKBA. Straightforward cases take six to 12 months but non straightforward cases take about 4 to 6 months. That is UKBA style not Gangnam style.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

lolainkent

Post by lolainkent » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:27 pm

I had a very straightforward Set(M) application (Canadian, no record, married for 7+ years, kids, etc) and it took just under 4 months. Applied via Checking Service (Nov 20), received biometric enrolment letter Dec 10, and received my BRP this past Tuesday (and the approval letter two days later, go figure).

Seems to me like it's luck as to whose (as in caseworker) pile your application goes into. And possibly who else's applications are ahead of yours in that pile.