ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Card Postal Application. Please help.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

baldude

OCI Card Postal Application. Please help.

Post by baldude » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Dear All,

would really appreciate your help on applying for OCI through post. I went through the cgi website but i could not find an address to send application to. so wondering if you guys can help me on that.

my background, was indian but naturalized as british through HSMP/ILR. Already surrendered the indian passport and gotten the surrender cerfiticate.
If I were making an postal applciation

1. Do I need to send in my original British passport? I already filled the online form and printed out teh part a and part b of OCI registration.

2. Is just one photograph enough?

3. what are the documents need submitting by post? please mention if original or photocopy

4. what is the address the postal OCI application needs sending and how soon after submission can I receive my original passport back (if original is needed submitting with postal application)

5. what is the best cost effective method to take a DD/PO.

would really appreciate your help. thanks in advance :-).

Bal.

destiniation_london

Re: OCI Card Postal Application. Please help.

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:52 pm

baldude wrote:Dear All,

would really appreciate your help on applying for OCI through post. I went through the cgi website but i could not find an address to send application to. so wondering if you guys can help me on that.

my background, was indian but naturalized as british through HSMP/ILR. Already surrendered the indian passport and gotten the surrender cerfiticate.
If I were making an postal applciation

1. Do I need to send in my original British passport? I already filled the online form and printed out teh part a and part b of OCI registration.

2. Is just one photograph enough?

3. what are the documents need submitting by post? please mention if original or photocopy

4. what is the address the postal OCI application needs sending and how soon after submission can I receive my original passport back (if original is needed submitting with postal application)

5. what is the best cost effective method to take a DD/PO.

would really appreciate your help. thanks in advance :-).

Bal.
You are only required to send copy of your British passport at the time of OCI application, send the original only when it's approved and received at Consulate.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 am

No, you only send the British passport once the status on the website has changed to 'Ready for collection'

2. Is just one photograph enough? Yes

Copy of 1st page and all observation pages of British passport
Copy of naturalisation certificate
Copy of last Indian passport
Original Surrender Certificate
All photocopies should be self-attested

OCI Section, High Commission of India, Aldwych, London, WC2B 4NA

5. what is the best cost effective method to take a DD/PO

Go to nearest Post Office and get postal order

Humera012
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Card Postal Application. Please help.

Post by Humera012 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Guys,

Due to the information provided on the websites relating to OCI application being utterly unhelpful and unclear I have resorted to find some advice on these forums.

I am wondering whether a) it is best to apply to the CGI Birmingham or B) in London?

Which one has a better turnaround time and/or is easier to deal with?

Also, I am sending my application through post for myself and my son ( who I am applying for on the basis of having one parent of Indian origin) and was wondering if anyone would please post a detailed document check-list for my case.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Much appreciated!

xox
Humera012
Newly Registered