ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy Agreement and or Letter from the Landlord

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

19eggs

Tenancy Agreement and or Letter from the Landlord

Post by 19eggs » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi! All,

I am so stressed at the moment and I need your help.

My wife had an appointment at the VFS Kolkata, India today to submit her application for her spouse visa. The people at VFS told her that she needs to submit a “Sponsorship Undertaking Form” as well and they were pretty adamant (even though it is not required for spouse). So we have rebooked the appointment to Monday.

Now I realised that we have also not provided a letter from the landlord but only the tenancy agreement (I am moving to a new flat from 1st of April). My landlord has agreed to provide one and I am going to pick it up in about 10 mins.

My question is do we need to submit it as in the supporting documents section it say

“This could include:

Land Registry documents
mortgage statements
rent book or tenancy agreement
council tax statements
property inspection report
utilities bills
accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there”

If we have to, can it be a scanned copy of the letter or else I have to again Courier the letter to her and reschedule the appointment. Also we have not submitted the inspection report because the council said since it is not a council house they cannot give a property inspection report.

Any advice is so much appreciated.

Thanks and have a lovely weekend.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:51 pm

I think you have enough documents. Sign the sponsorship letter. In addition you can get a letter from a solicitor to say you are sponsoring your spouse. If you need more time then reschedule the meeting.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:33 pm

DieselD wrote:I think you have enough documents. Sign the sponsorship letter. In addition you can get a letter from a solicitor to say you are sponsoring your spouse. If you need more time then reschedule the meeting.
Hi! Diesel,

Thanks for you reply. I have already signed a letter saying that I am sponsoring my wife to join me in the UK....

What is odd that when she went to submit the application, the VFS guys asked for a SU07 form which is a Sponsorship Form in addition to my sponsorship letter. So it made me wonder if I also need a letter from my landlord along with the Tenancy Agreement..

I have filled and scanned the SU07 and she has printed it there, I have also scanned the no-objection letter from my landlord and sent it for her to print. I hope they will accept it. I will ask her to write a note why a scanned copy has been sent. Let me know if any of you have any experience like this.

These are my documents she was about to submit.

Copy of Filled Application Form
Appendix 2 (Financial Requirement)
Wife's Passport
Passport size photos
Bankers draft
Sponsor's letter ( my letter )
Wife's covering letter ( explaining how she met me etc )
My 12 months Bank statements (salary highlighted) and payslips ( stamped )
Letter from my employer confirming I am an employee and showing my gross salary and net salary for each month of the past 12 months (I am a contractor on a daily rate and use an umbrella company for my salary )
Current Contract and past contracts
P60 (2011-2012)
Cash ISA and Savings account untouched for 12 months (over £13000)
Wife's TB result
Wife's ILETS
Marriage certificate (attested by the Ministry of External Affairs, India)
Tenancy Agreement (moving to a new flat from 1st of April)
Phone records for the past 12 months
Skype, What's App, Emails
Before marriage photos, Honeymoon photos
Honeymoon hotel receipt
Receipts of Gifts bought for her on her birthday before marriage and anniversary gift
Envelopes and receipts of cards and letter sent before after marriage
British gas bills and TV Licence of my current flat
2 letters of recommendation from friends
First page and my last LTR (HSMP) and my ILR print outs and Home Office letter that came along with my ILR (original)
Her bank statements which shows payment to her by me. (print out signed by her bank's manager)