ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration officer asked to fill landing card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maomao

immigration officer asked to fill landing card

Post by maomao » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:27 pm

i was entruy UK on the 21st February and i went to join the British and EU line because i knew i am an EEA family memeber.
So , my turn camein the queue and i brought out my passport. The immigration office told me to take the landing card in fron of his desk and fill it because am not suppose to stand in that line as that is my first time of travel with my RC and morever i have foriegn passport.

I told him, but am a family memeber of an EEA so that confirms my right not to fill in landing card. He gave me th form and i refused saying" but why should i fill in landing card , AN eea Fmaily memeber and am resident in athe UK"? He said because this is my fisrt time i travel with my RC.

However, i agued that if am traveling with my wife would you tell her to go to British line nad the send me toVisa nationals ? he said nothing to me and told my passport to the SIO. He also told me to fill the landing card wihich i refused.Then he said"you are still under immigration control aslong as am carry foreiegn passport " I said no.

Later on he said the officer is going to ask me some question and if i dont asnswer him am goint to be there for long hours . The question were:when did you meet your partner,when did you marraige
He gave me my passport and i went out with out stamping in it.Please is it right what they did to me? Your advice is welcomeand apprecaited so next time they will not repeat the same thing and to put stop to an end

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:23 pm

You are not required to complete a landing card, nor are you subject to immigration control. If you feel strongly about how you were treated, you may complain.

maomao

Post by maomao » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:17 am

Thanks but please confirm for me were it is stated i am no subject to immigration control and that i shouldnt fill landing card in th new or old EU Regulation ?So i can quate correctly when making my complaint. Thanks for the help

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 am

maomao wrote:Thanks but please confirm for me were it is stated i am no subject to immigration control and that i shouldnt fill landing card in th new or old EU Regulation ?So i can quate correctly when making my complaint. Thanks for the help
Have a look at the Border Force Operations Manual, EEA nationals and their family members: Section 4.3 Landing cards for non-EEA family members:
Family members do not normally need to produce landing cards. However, this does not apply when a person’s claim to be a family member is assessed and accepted for the first time at port and admitted on a Code 1A. This is because we do not otherwise have a record of the person.
The code 1A bit only applies to people who don't have a residence card. If you wrote down the shoulder plate number of your immigration officer, then you should complain to borderforcecomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 am

Stefan-TR wrote: The code 1A bit only applies to people who don't have a residence card
Just a point of clarity, the code 1a part applies to those who enter the UK without family permit, residence card or permanent residence card.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 am

maomao wrote:Thanks but please confirm for me were it is stated i am no subject to immigration control and that i shouldnt fill landing card in th new or old EU Regulation ?So i can quate correctly when making my complaint. Thanks for the help
I can assure you that if you complain, UKBA will know that you were not required to complete landing card.

rockford1980
Newly Registered

Post by rockford1980 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Guys,
I just want to ask that is it a problem if immigration officer stamps our passport ? because i traveled with my wife in January and on way back they stamped my passport. I did not bother. But if it has any effect on my future status then please explain me.
Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:19 pm

rockford1980 wrote:Hi Guys,
I just want to ask that is it a problem if immigration officer stamps our passport ? because i traveled with my wife in January and on way back they stamped my passport. I did not bother. But if it has any effect on my future status then please explain me.
Thanks
It will have no effect on your future status whatsoever. However, you may complain. Stamping the passport of a residence card holder is forbidden by law.