ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to withdraw ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zak786

How to withdraw ILR application

Post by zak786 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi, My friend applied for ILR based on Tier 1 general at PEO Croydon. They kept his papers and asked him to provide few more docs. However he now wants to withdraw his application for the time being. Please can anybody tell whats the procedure to withdraw an application?

Thanks

alanwong

Re: How to withdraw ILR application

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:18 pm

zak786 wrote:Hi, My friend applied for ILR based on Tier 1 general at PEO Croydon. They kept his papers and asked him to provide few more docs. However he now wants to withdraw his application for the time being. Please can anybody tell whats the procedure to withdraw an application?

Thanks
I am afraid your friend will lose the fee. Then what is the point to withdraw?

zak786

Post by zak786 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:47 pm

alanwong wrote:
zak786 wrote:Hi, My friend applied for ILR based on Tier 1 general at PEO Croydon. They kept his papers and asked him to provide few more docs. However he now wants to withdraw his application for the time being. Please can anybody tell whats the procedure to withdraw an application?

Thanks
Loosing fee is fine. He wants to re apply after couple of weeks with better preparation.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:50 pm

zak786 wrote:
alanwong wrote:

Thanks
Loosing fee is fine. He wants to re apply after couple of weeks with better preparation.
He can send extra documentation and evidence without withdrawing the application.

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/ to withdraw
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:22 pm

It seems there is a trend going on now at Croydon Peo requesting additional docs particularly for applicants claiming income from self employment. I was with my accountant just this Saturday and he told me three of his clients had this same issue with Croydon Peo within the last couple of weeks where there where asked to provide further info. Can anyone whose had this experience advice what could lead to this, particularly for self employed applicants?

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi Zak,

Can you advice if your friend claimed earnings from self employment? Also, what further information did they request for?

Thanks

zak786

Post by zak786 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:44 pm

fomsand1 wrote:Hi Zak,

Can you advice if your friend claimed earnings from self employment? Also, what further information did they request for?

Thanks
Yes he had part self employment earnings. Two or three cheques which put privately in the bank account. They asked him to provide more evidence regarding those payments. However its best for him to withdraw the application and apply again once this payment in question is earned through his salaried job.