ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointments booked before 6th April 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MonkeyBusiness

PEO appointments booked before 6th April 2013

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 am

Hi all,

does anyone know what happens to appointments booked before 6th April 2013,

Do you have to pay the £100 advance fee for the appointment before you attend ?

is there a time limit to pay in one day or 48 hours ?

alanwong

Re: PEO appointments booked before 6th April 2013

Post by alanwong » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:17 am

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Hi all,

does anyone know what happens to appointments booked before 6th April 2013,

Do you have to pay the £100 advance fee for the appointment before you attend ?

is there a time limit to pay in one day or 48 hours ?
I have not heard anything from them yet.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:35 am

Just called UKBA and was told appointments booked before 6th do not require a deposit fee of £100

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:41 am

Two weeks ago, I booked an appointment for May. When I see appointment details, the check list is changed now to ask for the booking fee. Although I did not get any alert / notice to pay for the fee.

Here is the new check list from booked appointment, with first and last point added now.

Appointment checklist

If you have to pay for your application, you must make a payment shortly after booking your appointment. You can find out how to pay, and when you need to pay, by reading paying for our premium service http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/. If you do not pay in time, we will normally cancel your appointment.

Print and sign the application form and bring it to your appointment. To do this, click Continue below.

Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment. You will need this time for security checks. If your appointment is at the Croydon PEO, please do not arrive any earlier than this. You will not be allowed into the building because we have limited seating.

Bring all the dependants included in your application with you to this appointment.

Bring a printout of this page or your confirmation email.

Bring confirmation that you have paid, if you needed to pay.

Bring your supporting documents. See your application form and guidance notes for details.

If you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment. If you do not attend your booked appointment, we will not refund the £100 appointment fee per applicant unless there are exceptional circumstances.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Just called UKBA and was told appointments booked before 6th do not require a deposit fee of £100
Thanks for letting know.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 am

I did see that message on the booking system and was the reason I called UKBA and they confirmed no need to make deposit payment if you booked appointment before 6th April

skilled_migrant wrote:Two weeks ago, I booked an appointment for May. When I see appointment details, the check list is changed now to ask for the booking fee. Although I did not get any alert / notice to pay for the fee.

Here is the new check list from booked appointment, with first and last point added now.

Appointment checklist

If you have to pay for your application, you must make a payment shortly after booking your appointment. You can find out how to pay, and when you need to pay, by reading paying for our premium service http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/. If you do not pay in time, we will normally cancel your appointment.

Print and sign the application form and bring it to your appointment. To do this, click Continue below.

Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment. You will need this time for security checks. If your appointment is at the Croydon PEO, please do not arrive any earlier than this. You will not be allowed into the building because we have limited seating.

Bring all the dependants included in your application with you to this appointment.

Bring your supporting documents. See your application form and guidance notes for details.

If you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment. If you do not attend your booked appointment, we will not refund the £100 appointment fee per applicant unless there are exceptional circumstances.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 am

I just called UKBA and after giving my booking reference number they asked for £200 deposit(with one dependent). I have paid by card and they are sending a confirmation letter in 5 working days.

I have booked it before 6th for 26th of April.

MonkeyBusiness wrote:I did see that message on the booking system and was the reason I called UKBA and they confirmed no need to make deposit payment if you booked appointment before 6th April

skilled_migrant wrote:Two weeks ago, I booked an appointment for May. When I see appointment details, the check list is changed now to ask for the booking fee. Although I did not get any alert / notice to pay for the fee.

Appointment checklist

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 am

thanks for letting us know, when did you book your appointment ?

tanvirni wrote:I just called UKBA and after giving my booking reference number they asked for £200 deposit(with one dependent). I have paid by card and they are sending a confirmation letter in 5 working days.

MonkeyBusiness wrote:I did see that message on the booking system and was the reason I called UKBA and they confirmed no need to make deposit payment if you booked appointment before 6th April

Appointment checklist

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:52 am

on 03/04/2013 for 26/04/2013
MonkeyBusiness wrote:thanks for letting us know, when did you book your appointment ?

tanvirni wrote:I just called UKBA and after giving my booking reference number they asked for £200 deposit(with one dependent). I have paid by card and they are sending a confirmation letter in 5 working days.

Appointment checklist

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 am

thanks tanvirni

I will ring them again to make payment
tanvirni wrote:on 03/04/2013 for 26/04/2013
MonkeyBusiness wrote:thanks for letting us know, when did you book your appointment ?

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 am

what the hell is going on in UKBA???????????

contradicting experience from MonkeyBusiness and tanvirn !

Also you may have noticed new application form (SET O) is missing point A1 in Section 9. (You will find it better if you compare old and new form)

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

I will update when I ring them again
skilled_migrant wrote:what the hell is going on in UKBA???????????

Also you may have noticed new application form (SET O) is missing point A1 in Section 9. (You will find it better if you compare old and new form)

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 am

Hi Tanvirni

can you confirm what number you called and what option did you chose to get through to the payment processing ?

Appointment checklist

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 am

Appointment checklist

Thank You . For letting every one know.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 am

I knew you won't get one answer from UKBA. Those CSA's are highly untrained and rely on their opinions rather than fact.

About A1 in section 9, it is missing but if you provide info in A2 it sort of invalidates the purpose of 9A. Expect new revised form soon.
Goodluck.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 am

08706067766 and option 1.
MonkeyBusiness wrote:Hi Tanvirni

can you confirm what number you called and what option did you chose to get through to the payment processing ?

Appointment checklist

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

tanvirni wrote:08706067766 and option 1.
MonkeyBusiness wrote:Hi Tanvirni

Thank You. There will be few cancellations from now on and rescheduling too.

ILRdept
Newly Registered

Post by ILRdept » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

I called up today UKBA helpline and they said no need to pay the advance amount if you have booked before 6th Apr. But, still ,they took my ref number and updated system that I tried to pay as a precaution note.

So it seems still they are not confident enough about their system and the process :)

Lorenzo
Newly Registered

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:23 am

[quote]MonkeyBusiness wrote:
Just called UKBA and was told appointments booked before 6th do not require a deposit fee of £100
[/quote]

Just to double confirm. Even I confirmed calling UKBA today that appointments booked prior to 6th April doesn't require a booking fee (£100)

Lorenzo
Newly Registered

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:26 am

If you choose option 1 they are in such a hurry (actually we were waiting on a 08 number!!!) that din't even listen to what I was asking, rather asked me to pay for my appointment. Then I called again (I could have simply paid the appointment fee rather wasting my money for a 08 number :D ) and chose general enquires and the person answered was a nice guy and confirmed I don;t need to pay if I have booked my appointment prior to 6th April

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:27 am

Hi all,

Called the appointments line

and as expected they said you should make a payment

As I cannot risk my booked appointment , paid for the advance appointment fee ( as there is escape you have to pay the fee on appointment day)

I think its safe to make the deposit unless you are not 100% you will attend the appointment

MonkeyBusiness wrote:I will update when I ring them again

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am

Lorenzo wrote:If you choose option 1 they are in such a hurry (actually we were waiting on a 08 number!!!) that din't even listen to what I was asking, rather asked me to pay for my appointment. Then I called again (I could have simply paid the appointment fee rather wasting my money for a 08 number :D ) and chose general enquires and the person answered was a nice guy and confirmed I don;t need to pay if I have booked my appointment prior to 6th April
That is very good news. Thank You.

rt987
Newly Registered

Post by rt987 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 am

I just called up UKBA and selected general enquiries. The CSA confirmed that as I have booked the appointment before 6th April, I dont need to pay the booking fee.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 am

My understanding is they may edited my appointment and re-booked it and took the payment. As I received two more same email saying you appointment is booked.

Will update you when I received the letter in 5 working days.

zafarkth
Newly Registered

Post by zafarkth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:49 am

ILRdept wrote:I called up today UKBA helpline and they said no need to pay the advance amount if you have booked before 6th Apr. But, still ,they took my ref number and updated system that I tried to pay as a precaution note.

So it seems still they are not confident enough about their system and the process :)

I booked appointment in 1st week of march for mid April. i just called UKBA and they said you have to do payment. so i Paid