ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khandxb
Newly Registered

tier 1 interview

Post by khandxb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

I am the new memeber, i have registered today, i have received interview call for Tier 1 Entrepreneur, funds in uk bank, the business i would like to start i have 14 years exp, still i am not sure what they will ask in the interview,discuss my immigration history, or about the business i want to start, they don't ask for business plan, i can provide the business plan later if they ask ? need your help thanks

adeel168

Post by adeel168 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 pm

When is ur interview ? I applied in sep.got interview call for next week... they will most proba ly ask u about ur business and why do u want to go for that partucular business. Also they will ensure u got funds and u are genuine entrepreneur

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: tier 1 interview

Post by rehan01 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:13 pm

when did you apply ? wht is ur nature of business?

regards
khandxb wrote:I am the new memeber, i have registered today, i have received interview call for Tier 1 Entrepreneur, funds in uk bank, the business i would like to start i have 14 years exp, still i am not sure what they will ask in the interview,discuss my immigration history, or about the business i want to start, they don't ask for business plan, i can provide the business plan later if they ask ? need your help thanks

cappachino
Member of Standing

tier 1

Post by cappachino » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 pm

You should be prepared for questions like how much will you be spending on insurance, what is your anticipated utility expence going to be etc etc
I belive you should prepare your business plan and take it with you.
Since you have been in business for 14 years dont think you will have any problem preparing one.

khandxb
Newly Registered

Post by khandxb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 pm

rehan01 wrote:when did you apply ? wht is ur nature of business?
i have applied on 5th of Feb 2013, biometric been done, i am going next week for the interview.

Computer Business

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 pm

thanks for the information ... I think you should get a details business plan of your business and it will answer all the question they will ask .... most probably questions will be about business? how you will spend? how you will generate business? how you will attract audience ? how you will invest ? how you will make profit? how you will create jobs ? etc

thts all I can think off wait for others to reply

regards
khandxb wrote:I am the new memeber, i have registered today, i have received interview call for Tier 1 Entrepreneur, funds in uk bank, the business i would like to start i have 14 years exp, still i am not sure what they will ask in the interview,discuss my immigration history, or about the business i want to start, they don't ask for business plan, i can provide the business plan later if they ask ? need your help thanks

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:03 pm

you said you have 14 years of IT experience still you scared and finding it hard to answer a professional business person? very surprising ......

we just put it this way if a person got a full knowledge and understanding of the business he planned to do than Interview will be nothing ...... as far as you know what you gona do and how you going to do it than you will satisfy anyone with your answer and like you mention that you have experience I think you should answer everything easily just bcz of ur experience bcz you have done it all practically.

regards

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi khandxb,

Do not worry every thing will be ok as long as you are confident about your business.

In Between which category you applied from. Is it from PSW 50 K / 200K

Which country of location you applied from?

khandxb
Newly Registered

Post by khandxb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 pm

la wrote:Hi khandxb,

Do not worry every thing will be ok as long as you are confident about your business.

In Between which category you applied from. Is it from PSW 50 K / 200K

Which country of location you applied from?
Hopefully, PSW 50 K, inside UK

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi khandxb,

When did you apply and when did you give biometric.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Excellent and plz do share your experience with forum memebrs as I am sure it will be big help for many of us.

Kind regards

khandxb wrote:
rehan01 wrote:you said you have 14 years of IT experience still you scared and finding it hard to answer a professional business person? very surprising ......

we just put it this way if a person got a full knowledge and understanding of the business he planned to do than Interview will be nothing ...... as far as you know what you gona do and how you going to do it than you will satisfy anyone with your answer and like you mention that you have experience I think you should answer everything easily just bcz of ur experience bcz you have done it all practically.

Thanks dear,
I am sure i will get through, you are right i don't need to worry, i know what i am going to do, i am sure they will ask me the questions related to the business i am going to start.

regards

khandxb
Newly Registered

Post by khandxb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:31 pm

la wrote:Hi khandxb,

When did you apply and when did you give biometric.
applied on 5th of Feb, Biometric done on 22nd of Feb. interview next week

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:36 pm

thanks for that ..... I thought just mention this to you :) I am sure u will but some people didn't they had interview and they only come here if they need some help or advise I know its a free forum but come on there is no harm in sharing info n experience with others like someone help u whn u needed it there is no harm as it will be helpful to someone on forum.

regards and good luck

khandxb
Newly Registered

interview done yesterday on 16

Post by khandxb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi all for those who are still waiting to go for the interview.

i had an interview yesterday, let me share my exp with you.

1. when did you came to uk,
2. what did you studied
3. what did you studied before this.
4. when did you finish your study.
5. what you been doing on psw.
6. have u got the money in your account
7 who give you the money.
8 Did you lend money from your friends, name them, who are they, where they live.
9.are you working at the movement.
10 did you invest any money have u got any quote for employee insurance.
14 when you are going to hire some one.
15. when you will give the money back.
16 did you advertise you business.
17 what is your role in the company.
18. when did you register your company.
19. have u got any new contract.
20. how you support yourself and family
21 how you will advertise your business.
22 any competitor in the same market.
she said i finished, you want to add some more, she didn't ask me any business plan.

i tried my maximum to write as much as i been asked

hope this will help those who are still waiting for the interview.

unto1

Post by unto1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Nice one bros. That will help others; I pray you get the visa for helping others.

khandxb
Newly Registered

Post by khandxb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 pm

unto1 wrote:Nice one bros. That will help others; I pray you get the visa for helping others.
thanks dear, do remember me in your prayers.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: interview done yesterday on 16

Post by rehan01 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 pm

thanks for the information

much appreciated

regards

khandxb wrote:Hi all for those who are still waiting to go for the interview.

i had an interview yesterday, let me share my exp with you.

1. when did you came to uk,
2. what did you studied
3. what did you studied before this.
4. when did you finish your study.
5. what you been doing on psw.
6. have u got the money in your account
7 who give you the money.
8 Did you lend money from your friends, name them, who are they, where they live.
9.are you working at the movement.
10 did you invest any money have u got any quote for employee insurance.
14 when you are going to hire some one.
15. when you will give the money back.
16 did you advertise you business.
17 what is your role in the company.
18. when did you register your company.
19. have u got any new contract.
20. how you support yourself and family
21 how you will advertise your business.
22 any competitor in the same market.
she said i finished, you want to add some more, she didn't ask me any business plan.

i tried my maximum to write as much as i been asked

hope this will help those who are still waiting for the interview.

unto1

Post by unto1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:06 pm

No worries bros

khandxb
Newly Registered

Trade Bodies for computer

Post by khandxb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:52 am

unto1 wrote:No worries bros
Any one knows how to register with trade bodies, what are the trade bodies in uk for computer business?

waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks

unto1

Post by unto1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 am

Check Bcs website

khandxb
Newly Registered

Post by khandxb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:49 pm

unto1 wrote:Check Bcs website
I did check BCS site, there are many types of membership, i don't know which one i have to select for business purpose, i have more than 5 years IT experience but overseas not from UK and they want 2 Ref from ex employers , below are the levels of memberships.

thanks

Associate
Are you starting your IT career? Have at least one year’s relevant IT experience? Associate membership is perfect for you starting in IT.

Professional
Do you have one of the following: Five years IT experience OR 2-3 years IT experience and a relevant recognised qualification OR an Honours degree with BCS exemption. If so then apply now.

Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
You must meet a number of criteria, and apply through a comprehensive process including an online interview and presentation. For full details on the criteria please visit CITP. We also offer Chartered Engineer, Chartered Scientist, and Incorporated Engineer grades.

Fellowship
For IT Professionals with exceptional experience, seniority, authority and eminence.

Student

If you’re studying Student membership is the one you’re looking for.

Affiliate

Do you have an interest in IT but no experience? Are you working in an IT business but in a non-IT role? Do you have regular contact with IT professionals but aren’t directly involved in IT yourself? Then choose our Affiliate membership.