ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa to transit landside

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chelsearob77
Ireland

UK visa to transit landside

Post by chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:15 am

I'm a British citizen married to a Peruvian citizen (we have two kids together who are also British citizens) anyway we have been living in Peru for the past two years & are in the process of moving to Ireland, my wife applied for her Irish visa about a month ago (which should be granted early May)
but i am currently back in the UK so the plan is once my wife has her Irish visa to fly into London with our two kids where i would meet her at the airport & we would then proceed to travel over to Ireland together via train/ferry (landside) so i'm not too sure if she would need to apply for a visa to enter the UK or if she would not need to as she would not be staying in the UK past 24 hours? as she would have the Irish visa stamped in her passport to prove she is on-route to Ireland

our reasons for wanting her & the kids to fly into the UK first before we enter Ireland is not only because they will be meeting up with me to travel onto Ireland, but the costs to fly from Peru to Ireland is around £1600 while for them to fly into London costs just under £1000 (£600 less)

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:36 am

chelsearob77
Ireland

Post by chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:52 am

Yes I've read this link you provided before
But it don't seem very clear,
What I need clarification on is will my Peruvian wife need a visa to trave landside onto Ireland with myself (if do which type of visa exactly) or will she be allowed to travel without one as she will be in the UK for less then 24 houres & can provide evidence she will be traveling onto Ireland as her final destination?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:07 am

If you look through the info, as you wife is a Peruvian national she will need a visa.

She is a visa national, plus the landide transit concession is only for people who arrive and depart from the UK by air. Peru isn't in the concession anyway.

This page is more relevant:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... h-the-cta/

She WILL need to get a visitor's visa just to transit through the UK.