ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Croydon April

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harry7476

ILR success at Croydon April

Post by harry7476 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:35 am

Hi All,

I applied for myself and wife in the same day appt service and got the approval post afternoon.

It was a slightly bumpy ride initially as:
- I had incorrect details on my driving licence that was used to register the test and had to rebook and lost money and time
- I am a contractor and my accounts were in a mess as my accountant was slow (moral of the story check your accountant's ability and share drafts well in advance)
- My solicitor was unorganised and asked for a new paper every time I went. I paid £1000/- + vat + fees for the guy who accompanied us
I paid as I feared the worst due to the odd nature of my paperwork. However in hindsight I wonder if the traditional high street immigration lawyers would have been better.

Other annoying things:
- My croydon gp asked for £40 to reissue health card
- Council asked £15 to issue letter verifying my name on electoral register
- £10 for a different solicitor to issue a letter validating my leave from uk
- £150 pound accountant fee to help prepare accounts.

Ok I acknowledge I paid a lot but still wanted to share experience.

Thanks

lxx

Post by lxx » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:54 am

Congratulations!

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:00 am

Hi Harry,

Congratulations. So did you get the approval for yourself and dependant? You say your a contractor, I'm in a similar boat as you. Please can you share the document list you submitted for self employment? Also, do you run a limited company or youre just a self employed contractor?

Your advie will be mostly appreciated

Thank you

GenX

Post by GenX » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:11 am

Congratulations....can you please tell the name of the solicitor you have used.