ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit - Employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

immirams

Work permit - Employer letter

Post by immirams » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello,

My 5 year work permit is coming to an end in few months. I was going through the SET(O) form and have come across a requirement

"Recent document(s) from your current authorised employer confirming that you are still needed for the same work and that your employment with them is continuing"

But, my employer is not willing to extend my contract due to the company not doing well. I am 100% sure I can find a new job with ILR permit in my passport. Would I be able to convince the officer that I will have no problem finding a job with ILR (as most of the employers shy away because of the hassle they have to go through applying for a work permit) Is it I need to resign to the fact that even though I have paid tax for the past 5 years I won't be considered for ILR?

Thanks in advance for your replies

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:54 pm

It would be better to convince your employer to write the statement as this could land you into your ILR being rejected. The reason being that it is in the guidelines that the HO needs a letter that you are still required for the same work with your employer.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:It would be better to convince your employer to write the statement as this could land you into your ILR being rejected. The reason being that it is in the guidelines that the HO needs a letter that you are still required for the same work with your employer.
Agree.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:21 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:It would be better to convince your employer to write the statement as this could land you into your ILR being rejected. The reason being that it is in the guidelines that the HO needs a letter that you are still required for the same work with your employer.
Agree.Also,Your present salary must be above the SOC Code salary after 06/04. This too has to be mentioned as well.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

lapppt

Post by lapppt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 pm

If your employer does not confirm that you are still needed for the same work and that your employment with them is continuing, then your ILR is likely to be refused. As alanwong said above, you need to convince your employer why the letter is needed.

immirams

Post by immirams » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:56 pm

lapppt wrote:If your employer does not confirm that you are still needed for the same work and that your employment with them is continuing, then your ILR is likely to be refused. As alanwong said above, you need to convince your employer why the letter is needed.
mmm...Looks like I am in a bit of bother..But would this work. I get a letter from another employer who is willing to employ me (of course with a salary above the official requirement) once I get the ILR. That shows that I will still have a job without need for benefit scrounging.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:32 pm

I don't think it would work like that. The guidelines clearly states that the statement is needed from the current employer, not from a future employer.