ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visitor visa processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:36 am

hi everyone,

my parents have applied for family visitor visa to UK on 5th april 2013 from kolkata vfs. today is the 11th working day in india, but the status on tracking is still "under process at the high commission"….the latest stats(march 2013) on ukba website shows family visitor visa is granted by 10 working days for 90% of candidates and by 15 working days for 100% of candidates. my parents have visited uk twice before in the past 5 yrs and both times their visas were granted in a matter of 3-4 days. anyone has any clue when should i expect the visa to be granted. i didnt think it will be this crazy for people who have visited in same category in the past 5 yrs to uk….

any help/reply will be appreciated…thanks...

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:48 pm

6th and 7th April are weekends, and officially only 5 working days has passed and hopefully you will get good news the following week.

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 pm

thanks for replying z18runway…but i think you miscalculated…when i had asked the question (on 18th april), 10 working days had passed in india (not 5 working days, as you mentioned)….today(20th april) is saturday again and including yesterday, now 11 working days have passed and we havent gotten any update :cry: let's see…i just hope they get the visa by monday, or else we will have to change tickets coz they were supposed to fly to UK on 24th…yeah…we never anticipated it will take this long and had booked their flights…

i did come to know from a friend that her parents got their family visit visa in 10 working days from the mumbai consulate….in 2013….so im still hopeful maybe for us, it will be by monday…..

if anyone has any timeline to share from their personal experience in this visa category in the recent past, ill truly appreciate it…thanks :)

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:10 am

You should have opted for a fast track visa which gurantees visa process in max of 4 working days.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:25 am

thanks for correcting me. My parents got it in 3 working days (VFS, South india) for visitor visa.They applied in feb 2013.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:27 am

vij_sp_1980 wrote:You should have opted for a fast track visa which gurantees visa process in max of 4 working days.
Good, but when we asked for the fast track, a good staff from vfs told secretly that no use of fast track, its just simply money waste and better go for normal procedure we will be ok.

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:11 pm

vij_sp_1980 wrote:You should have opted for a fast track visa which gurantees visa process in max of 4 working days.
yeah…this mistake was definitely ours…came to know about it after applying…however, the reference of my friend's parents in mumbai got it in 10 working days with normal track service last month….probably we have just been unfortunate this time…still waiting….just hope they do give the visa :(

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:12 pm

z18runway wrote:
Good, but when we asked for the fast track, a good staff from vfs told secretly that no use of fast track, its just simply money waste and better go for normal procedure we will be ok.
this is interesting coz i have been cursing myself ever since i came to know of the fast track service after applying...

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:18 pm

z18runway wrote:thanks for correcting me. My parents got it in 3 working days (VFS, South india) for visitor visa.They applied in feb 2013.
no probs…congratulations to you and your parents :) i wish we get the good news of visa soon as well :D …have been researching so much about processing times in the last couple years n now i feel it is pretty random…my parents got it within 3 working days twice before and this time it is taking so late altho nothing in the application has changed….as in, sponsor's immigration, status, financial status etc…the only answer i could think of was the embassy i super busy this time of the year….but now am coming to know in feb they took 3 days, for your parents, in march, they took 10 days for someone i know of with a similar application…..wonder what's going on...

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:13 pm

This is the second visit where parents got the visa in 3 days, when they visited first in 2008 it took only 4 days.

ABTESTING
Newly Registered

Post by ABTESTING » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:45 am

Hi,

I am facing a similar situation. My parents applied through fast track on 8th April 2013. Its been more than 12 working days and we have still not heard anything. The status online still reads under process.

They have their tickets booked for 26 April. Its really frustraing as VFS misguided us on the processing time (i.e 2-3 working days).

Thanks!

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 pm

ABTESTING wrote:Hi,

I am facing a similar situation. My parents applied through fast track on 8th April 2013. Its been more than 12 working days and we have still not heard anything. The status online still reads under process.

They have their tickets booked for 26 April. Its really frustraing as VFS misguided us on the processing time (i.e 2-3 working days).

Thanks!
today the status for my parents changed to "Your Application is being sent to the application center. Please wait until it is ready for collection"….so now im not sure how long will it take when the status will be "ready to collect"….hopefully soon….if you have an idea how long it takes pl do post here...

it is frustrating that you applied through fast track still it is delayed….i was really beating myself up that i didnt choose the fast track service….apparently nothing works…ya..hope ur status changes soon as well…best of luck!

ABTESTING
Newly Registered

Post by ABTESTING » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks. I somehow feel applying from Kolkata takes much longer as all applications are sent to the embassy in Delhi.

However my parents had applied the last 3 times from Kolkata and the decision was made within 3 days. It was a good decision on you not to waste money on the Fast Track!

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:14 pm

ABTESTING wrote:Thanks. I somehow feel applying from Kolkata takes much longer as all applications are sent to the embassy in Delhi.

However my parents had applied the last 3 times from Kolkata and the decision was made within 3 days. It was a good decision on you not to waste money on the Fast Track!
that is what others are also telling me…but while ive been breaking my head over the past 3 weeks googling, i saw/discovered that of late, it has been generally late (as in 10-15 days or more) at centers other than kolkata as well….i think it is a general slackening of ukba…as compared to the status a few years back(2010 or so) when no fast track was needed n people were getting visas in 3-4 days generally only...

win2010
Newly Registered

Post by win2010 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 pm

waiting4god2listen you should get it by tommorow. For my parent also it took 11-12 working days from kolkatta. Now the passport number is wrong in the visa page, so we sent for recorrection on 18th April, but did not receive it yet.

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:19 pm

win2010 wrote:waiting4god2listen you should get it by tommorow. For my parent also it took 11-12 working days from kolkatta. Now the passport number is wrong in the visa page, so we sent for recorrection on 18th April, but did not receive it yet.
thanks 4 replying win2010….appreciate it…im thinking of asking my father to go tomorrow itself instead of waiting for sms, which he hasnt yet received….we dont stay in kolkata so he has to travel…

all the best for the issue u r facing!

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:13 pm

hi everyone,

thanks for chipping in with your valuable advice n experience…my parents got their visa…below is the timeline….hope it helps future applicants

visa category- family visitor visa

applied (kolkata, india)- 5th april (old visa fees)

application under process- 5th april

sms received for above- 6th april; 9pm IST(altho it was sent on 5th april itself; online status was updated on 5th april itself)

application being sent to application center, please wait until it is ready for collection- 24th april (no sms got; online status updated around 2:50pm ist)

passport ready for collection- 25th april; (online status updated n sms received around 3:30 pm ist)

time taken- 15 working days (including the date of application)

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:07 pm

waiting4god2listen wrote:hi everyone,

thanks for chipping in with your valuable advice n experience…my parents got their visa…below is the timeline….hope it helps future applicants

sms received for above- 6th april; 9pm IST(altho it was sent on 5th april itself; online status was updated on 5th april itself)

application being sent to application center, please wait until it is ready for collection- 24th april (no sms got; online status updated around 2:50pm ist)

passport ready for collection- 25th april; (online status updated n sms received around 3:30 pm ist)

Congrats finally some good news. :)

waiting4god2listen
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4god2listen » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:37 am

vij_sp_1980 wrote:

Congrats finally some good news. :)

sachpuro
Newly Registered

Re: family visitor visa processing time

Post by sachpuro » Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm

my parents have applied for family visitor visa to UK on 5th april 2013 from kolkata vfs. today is the 11th working day in india, but the status on tracking is still "under process at the high commission"….the latest stats(march 2013) on ukba website shows family visitor visa is granted by 10 working days for 90% of candidates and by 15 working days for 100% of candidates. my parents have visited uk twice before in the past 5 yrs and both times their visas were granted in a matter of 3-4 days. anyone has any clue when should i expect the visa to be granted. i didnt think it will be this crazy for people who have visited in same category in the past 5 yrs to uk….

any help/reply will be appreciated…thanks...
Can you tell me how the Fee for the Fast Track was paid? I have booked appointment for Fast Track application for my parents Family Visitor visa, using the online application and paid the fee online as well. However, only the fee for application was taken out at the end of the application process. The confirmation of appointment letter says the Fast Track appointment is confirmed. But the Fast Track fee of Rs 4400 was not taken online. Do they have to pay the Fast Track fee on application day at t he Bank counters or they have to take a draft or something?

salempeacock
Newly Registered

UK family visit visa by fast track service

Post by salempeacock » Sat May 18, 2013 9:26 am

Hi
I have applied for UK visa by fast track service from chennai on 14thMay 2013.
I got appointment for fast track online after submiting application but thay accepted the fee only in the VFS office in person. VFS website says in Chennai the 2nd day itself the visa will be processed.
But today is the 5th day still the tracking service says your application has been sent to the high commission.
How long the does the fast track service take? Anybody knows?

sarat
Newly Registered

Re: UK family visit visa by fast track service

Post by sarat » Sun May 19, 2013 6:03 am

What visa you applied for ?
salempeacock wrote:Hi
I got appointment for fast track online after submiting application but thay accepted the fee only in the VFS office in person. VFS website says in Chennai the 2nd day itself the visa will be processed.
But today is the 5th day still the tracking service says your application has been sent to the high commission.

salempeacock
Newly Registered

Re: UK family visit visa by fast track service

Post by salempeacock » Mon May 20, 2013 2:27 pm

salempeacock wrote:Hi
Hi all,
I applied for Family visiter visa. I applied on 14th May. I got my visa stamped on 18th May and the same was sent to the courier. I received it today(20th May).
So fast track service in Chennai takes 4days not 2days as said in the VFS website.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Guys

After completing the online application on https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx

Can you let me know how to print the application. I couldn't see the option to print. Is that something like a proper paper based application form that gets printed. Do I need to use normal browser print option (if so, it doesn't print with the proper alignment. Can you guys please let me know.

I have already submitted the application and not waiting to book an appointment. Do I get an option to print after booking an appointment.

Please confirm

Manoj79
Newly Registered

Post by Manoj79 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:28 am

My parents have submitted the UK family visitor application on 10th May 2013 at VFS-Chennai. They have visited UK in 2008 and 2010 (General visitor visa). The VFS representative suggested that it would take at least three weeks to process the family visitor visa and recommended to opt fast service which my parents refused as they were not in hurry to arrive UK.
At the moment the status is showing as under process. I am going to wait and see for another week.
Thanks