ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

starting date of the qualifying period for IRL

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cisco3181

starting date of the qualifying period for IRL

Post by cisco3181 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Hello,

I hold a Tier 1 (General) visa since Aug 2008, and I am planning to apply for my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)in UK this year, as I am approaching the required 5 years of minimum stay before I qualify to apply for ILR.

I would like to request information about my “starting date of the qualifying period”.

My entry to UK information is as follows:-

Tier 1 General visa valid from date – 21/08/2008

Entry to UK (physically arrived in UK) on the Tier 1 General visa on - 15/09/2008

As you can see there is a gap of only 25 days between the date I was granted entry clearance based on Tier 1 General visa, and my actual entry to UK.

My question is, could I consider 21/08/2008 (my entry clearance date, i.e. Tier 1 General visa valid from date) as my “starting date of the qualifying period” for applying for ILR?

I will be applying in person so I need to know the dates quite precisely, any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: starting date of the qualifying period for IRL

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:44 pm

cisco3181 wrote:Hello,

I hold a Tier 1 (General) visa since Aug 2008, and I am planning to apply for my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)in UK this year, as I am approaching the required 5 years of minimum stay before I qualify to apply for ILR.

I would like to request information about my “starting date of the qualifying period”.

My entry to UK information is as follows:-

Tier 1 General visa valid from date – 21/08/2008

Entry to UK (physically arrived in UK) on the Tier 1 General visa on - 15/09/2008

As you can see there is a gap of only 25 days between the date I was granted entry clearance based on Tier 1 General visa, and my actual entry to UK.

My question is, could I consider 21/08/2008 (my entry clearance date, i.e. Tier 1 General visa valid from date) as my “starting date of the qualifying period” for applying for ILR?

I will be applying in person so I need to know the dates quite precisely, any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
IMO 21/08/2008 is the right date as you arrive within 90 days