ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

toto2003
Newly Registered

Visa Refused

Post by toto2003 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Received refusal letter today.
Details of Application
PSW route 50 K
Applied 7th November 2012
Biometric done 20th November
Refusal Letter Received today

Documents Provided
1. Bank Statement - 53 K held throughout
2. Advertisement- gum tree, flyers,and website with my details
3. Contract with Purchase Order
4. Current Appointment Report

Statement for Refusal
The evidence of business activity you have provided is not acceptable because whilst you have provided a purchase order and invoice showing goods provided, these are not legally binding contracts reflecting to the services given to the client.

NO GOODS SUPPLIED, NOTHING Done

Kindly comment if any suggestions. I am going to appeal through a barrister.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Very sorry to hear, this is the most unfair refusal I have ever heard. Can you please tell us above your industry and the exact service which was provided?

toto2003
Newly Registered

Post by toto2003 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:14 pm

I am an Electrical Engineer but I started my career in business in 2011 in the stone industry. My father has got manufacturing units back in my country and we planned to supply stone containers directly to clients.

cappachino
Member of Standing

tier 1

Post by cappachino » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:23 pm

So u have been involved in the business since 2011

toto2003
Newly Registered

Re: tier 1

Post by toto2003 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Yes..... Got no option other than appeal....I can't believe UKBA doesn't care about lives of people with application like this .... Plus how can they just hire people for £6.50/hr and get the applications sorted out......seven months gone doing nothing and many more to come ...

tsl

Post by tsl » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 pm

a purchasing order is not a service agreement .

service agreement means u will be providing service to ur client untill the time u sign the contract is valid ,,

but a purchase order means u have done some business and making profit.

u shud have provided a service agreement along with purchase order then i think u would have better off.

NOT AN EXPERT. COMMENTING ON PERSONAL EXPERIENNCE.

toto2003
Newly Registered

Post by toto2003 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Thank you for the comment.
As per the guidance , only a contract was required. Purchase Order does not mean that goods or services have been provided, pretty sure about it . It means that the client has agreed to certain terms and has decided on the order to be given to the company.

I guess the case worker has also confused purchase order with invoice .
Anyways I have started with the process of appeal, so it should be all fine .

ruhulm
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Refused

Post by ruhulm » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:18 pm

I think your service contract must be in line with the SOC code. I don't know ur SOC. As it is on cat D
RUHULM

toto2003 wrote:Received refusal letter today.
Details of Application
PSW route 50 K
Applied 7th November 2012
Biometric done 20th November
Refusal Letter Received today

Documents Provided
1. Bank Statement - 53 K held throughout
2. Advertisement- gum tree, flyers,and website with my details
3. Contract with Purchase Order
4. Current Appointment Report

Statement for Refusal
The evidence of business activity you have provided is not acceptable because whilst you have provided a purchase order and invoice showing goods provided, these are not legally binding contracts reflecting to the services given to the client.

NO GOODS SUPPLIED, NOTHING Done

Kindly comment if any suggestions. I am going to appeal through a barrister.

jeez
Newly Registered

My visa get refused

Post by jeez » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Applied on 23, Oct, 2012.
My Application is refused on the basis of following points:
1) Self employed letter was not attached.
Answer: I have attached original welcome letter of HM Revenue and customs as self-employed, now you see how silly temporary workers are.
2) Confirm the name of each third party and their contact details, including their full address including postal code, land-line phone number and any email address.
Case worker said, the letter you have provided from Halifax does not confirm all of the above as listed at paragraph 41-SD (a)(i).
Answer: I have provided third party information on the declaration document, as bank cannot provide this details. However, bank letter from third party shows his balance, name and full address clearly mentioned including bank statement.
3)One or more contracts showing trading, the contract you supplied does not give the telephone number of the other party involved and you therefore do not meet the requirements at paragraph 41-SD(c)(iv) of the Immigration rules.
Answer: I have applied on 23rd Oct, 2012 and at the time contact number was not required because rules changes after 31 January, However I have provided all business details but telephone number was missing. I am going in appeal; I will provide land-line number in trading contract.
Please suggest me more points which make my appeal successful, all type of comments are welcome.
Thanks,
Jeez

toto2003
Newly Registered

Post by toto2003 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Finally after 13 months of wait I have received approval letter with my documents and BRP today.
Refusal reason stated above.
Appeal Heard on 24th October 2013.
Appeal Allowed on 13th November 2013.
HO Decision received on 18th December 2013.

This forum has been a great help. Thank you all.

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:13 pm

@toto

Congrats. Glad to know it all ended well.

Did you have to chase HO for your docs and BRP after you received the decision from the court?

toto2003
Newly Registered

Post by toto2003 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:18 am

@babylondoner

Yes I did write to the Home Office regarding the urgent need to travel for business purpose.

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:32 pm

@toto2003

Congrats.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:20 am

toto2003 wrote:@babylondoner

Yes I did write to the Home Office regarding the urgent need to travel for business purpose.
how did u contacted home office??? did u write any letter to case worker or is there any specific number to contact them.... please can u help me as my appeal was allowed on 18th nov n i am still waiting as i need to travel urgently....
thanx

toto2003
Newly Registered

Post by toto2003 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:00 pm

There is no specific number or address to contact the Home Office. I sent the letter with supporting evidences to Head Office Croydon. Also sent them request on the Ukbapublicenquiries email address. I did not receive any acknowledgement or confirmation that they'd received my request.
Keep trying is all I would say, because I contacted the Croydon contact centre as well and they couldn't confirm that the request has been received.