ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Representative details in Set O form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

valeed.naim2

Representative details in Set O form

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:52 am

Hi there,
I would like to apply my ilr from solicitor but i have noticed that there is no question about the representative. My question is how the CW will know application checked and prepared by immigration laywer and they will not ask any question about your case.
Even if you applied by immigration laywer if they have any question will they ask you the day of PEO or will write your representative?. thanks

Heisgood

Re: Representative details in Set O form

Post by Heisgood » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:08 am

valeed.naim2 wrote:Hi there,
I would like to apply my ilr from solicitor but i have noticed that there is no question about the representative. My question is how the CW will know application checked and prepared by immigration laywer and they will not ask any question about your case.
Even if you applied by immigration laywer if they have any question will they ask you the day of PEO or will write your representative?. thanks
If you are using the same day service you will need to attend along with your representative. There is a form you will have to sign giving him / her the right to represent you. From experience you need to ensure they are fully brief about your case and you will not need to speak to the case worker only provide finger prints and payment.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:22 am

I am going to apply through solicitor. He will prepare the application and advise my on documentation and but not attending with me on day the of appointment because there is special charges for this.
He should provide his details in form as correnspondence address and covering letter by his organization. what you think

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:03 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:I am going to apply through solicitor. He will prepare the application and advise my on documentation and but not attending with me on day the of appointment because there is special charges for this.
He should provide his details in form as correnspondence address and covering letter by his organization. what you think
Then you are only using a solicitor for preparation only. Why? Is your case complicated ? If you attend then you will need to answer any questions or queries about your application on the day. If you cannot you risk your case being deferred until you/solicitor provide more information. Normally you use an agent\solicitor\lawyer all the way or you don't. You may need to find someone who did half and half to get their experience and viewpoint.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:I am going to apply through solicitor. He will prepare the application and advise my on documentation and but not attending with me on day the of appointment because there is special charges for this.
What is the charge to prepare your application and the special Fee for Going to the PEO with you? Can't you prepare the form by yourself??
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Heisgood wrote:
Then you are only using a solicitor for preparation only. Why? Is your case complicated ? If you attend then you will need to answer any questions or queries about your application on the day. If you cannot you risk your case being deferred until you/solicitor provide more information. Normally you use an agent\solicitor\lawyer all the way or you don't. You may need to find someone who did half and half to get their experience and viewpoint.

Firstly, just post a bit more detail on your case, if it is straight forward, you might be just paying someone for not much reason.

seconly, what charges are you talking about.

I know solicitors who charge £400 ( to attend)
£750 (to attend, no win no fee), 250 just to fill out forms.

suis

Post by suis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:56 am

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:
Heisgood wrote:

Firstly, just post a bit more detail on your case, if it is straight forward, you might be just paying someone for not much reason.

seconly, what charges are you talking about.

I know solicitors who charge £400 ( to attend)
£750 (to attend, no win no fee), 250 just to fill out forms.

mate dont waste u r money by paying to solicitors, i was in the same situation like ,but because of this forums members i saved my money and i got a good knowledge through out my ILR application ... my solicitor said they would charge £ 1000 for the main applicant and £500 for each dependants ..

but when i saw the ILR application there is no magic ... its only simple applicaiton form filling ....so i did fill by myself and i raised new thread on this forum for each questions that i had and ofcourse members on this forum helped me..... now i am enjoing the freed of living UK without having any work restrictions .