ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Wife not on basis on BC passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sys_sagar

Applying for Wife not on basis on BC passport

Post by sys_sagar » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:24 am

I have received my naturalization certificate today.
And I want to apply for my wife as well. She came to UK in June 2008 and will complete 5 years in June.
However, as she is wife , I can apply for on basis on 3 years of her stay in UK

I want to know
1. Do I need to apply for BC passport or I can apply on basis of naturalization certificate.
2. As per guidance on UKBA, they asked for husband passport or birth certificate AND marriage certificate. I have neither with me. I just have my Indian Passport.

How can apply for her on basis on naturalization certificate

Amber
Mood:

Re: Applying for Wife not on basis on BC passport

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:32 am

sys_sagar wrote:I have received my naturalization certificate today.
And I want to apply for my wife as well. She came to UK in June 2008 and will complete 5 years in June.
However, as she is wife , I can apply for on basis on 3 years of her stay in UK

I want to know
1. Do I need to apply for BC passport or I can apply on basis of naturalization certificate.
2. As per guidance on UKBA, they asked for husband passport or birth certificate AND marriage certificate. I have neither with me. I just have my Indian Passport.

How can apply for her on basis on naturalization certificate
The Indian passport/naturalisation certificate is sufficient the form does not say British passport. Use the Nationality checking service. Your wife must have ILR as well as meeting the other requirements here - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/
Last edited by Amber on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 am

You don't need to have a British passport. The naturalisation certificate is enough to prove you are British (it is listed in the guide. It was left out by mistake from the form). You don't need to submit your Indian passport.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:16 pm

ok, many thanks for the support and prompt response. Can I confirm the following

1. I will send the naturalization certificate, My indian passport ( if required), marriage certificate, my wife's USA passport ( ILR stamped in the passport), Life in UK test report.
2. DO I need any other document? She has been housewife and never worked in UK. However, I have listed her as my company secretory (CS) and I believe that has nothing to do with it.

Is that okay?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:40 pm

sys_sagar wrote:ok, many thanks for the support and prompt response. Can I confirm the following

1. I will send the naturalization certificate, My indian passport ( if required), marriage certificate, my wife's USA passport ( ILR stamped in the passport), Life in UK test report.
2. DO I need any other document? She has been housewife and never worked in UK. However, I have listed her as my company secretory (CS) and I believe that has nothing to do with it.

Is that okay?
It is perfectly fine to put her down as a 'house wife' or 'home maker'. Employment is not mandatory for naturalisation.

mirzanaseer79

Naturalisation: Spouse Application with Main Applicant

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi Members,

I have the following scenario and would like some guidance and help on this:

My status:
May 2007 to Apr 2012: 5 years on (HSMP Visa + Tier 1 General Visa)
18 April 2012 to April 2013: 1+ year on ILR (SETTLEMENT) (Jsut over 1 year now)
Currenty elegible (5+ years in UK) for Naturalisation as of above and also satisfying all other requirements for it.

My Wife Status:
Oct 2009 to Apr 2012: 2+ years on (Tier 1 General Dependent - Entry Clearance)
18 April 2012 to April 2013: 1+ year on ILR (SETTLEMENT) (Jsut over 1 year now, same time with me)
Currenty elegible (3+ years in UK) for Naturalisation as of above and also satisfying all other requirements for it EXCEPT that I have not obtained my Naturalisation.

My question:
Can my wife apply for her Naturalisation as same time with me now, as I have been advised by one of the solicitor, but no reference has been given?
I would appreciate if some one can debreif and give the refernce of same, in Immigration rules/requirement of UKBA/Home Office.

Kind regards

mubasher

Re: Naturalisation: Spouse Application with Main Applicant

Post by mubasher » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:41 pm

mirzanaseer79 wrote:Hi Members,

I have the following scenario and would like some guidance and help on this:

My status:
May 2007 to Apr 2012: 5 years on (HSMP Visa + Tier 1 General Visa)
18 April 2012 to April 2013: 1+ year on ILR (SETTLEMENT) (Jsut over 1 year now)
Currenty elegible (5+ years in UK) for Naturalisation as of above and also satisfying all other requirements for it.

My Wife Status:
Oct 2009 to Apr 2012: 2+ years on (Tier 1 General Dependent - Entry Clearance)
18 April 2012 to April 2013: 1+ year on ILR (SETTLEMENT) (Jsut over 1 year
now, same time with me)
Currenty elegible (3+ years in UK) for Naturalisation as of above and also satisfying all other requirements for it EXCEPT that I have not obtained my Naturalisation.

My question:
Can my wife apply for her Naturalisation as same time with me now, as I have been advised by one of the solicitor, but no reference has been given?
I would appreciate if some one can debreif and give the refernce of same, in Immigration rules/requirement of UKBA/Home Office.

Kind regards

You have to apply separate and once your appication for nationality is approved and you received your certificate than your wife becomes the spouse of British national and can apply on three years category, I h ad same senario in my wife case.