ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved with Long absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ranga_12345

ILR Approved with Long absence

Post by ranga_12345 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I got my ILR approved on 1st May in Solihull PEO. I applied under WP + Tier1 category. My case was bit complicated due to few long absences.

Year Start Year End Total Absence per year
1 02-May-12 01-May-13 39
2 02-May-11 01-May-12 18
3 02-May-10 01-May-11 40
4 02-May-09 01-May-10 177
5 02-May-08 01-May-09 165
6 02-May-07 01-May-08 62
7 10-Sep-06 01-May-07 0

Documents Submitted
1. 12 Months Payslips
2. 12 Months Bank statement
3. Life in UK certificate
4. Employer letter for Business Trip.
5. Absence spreadsheet

I had a absence of 253 days in 2008/2009 and another absence of 90 days in 2009. In both the case I worked from India. Due to changes in rule in Dec 2012, I had to ensure that my absence does not exceed 180 days in any consecutive year. According I booked my appointment.

One point to note is that if the absence is spread over two consecutive period then it can be split while counting the number of days outside UK. In my case I had split 253 absence into 163 and 90 days.

After taking the token , I was called to see the caseworker. The caseworker immediately picked on my absence and asked question on reason for the absence and said if I have evidence for the absence. I said yes and then the caseworker took payment before discussing further.

After taking payment case worked asked for evidence for the long absence. I had employer letter confirming the business trip and that I was required to work from India due to project need and why company had selected me to travel. The case worker checked each one every absence and said that I was fine with absence as it does not exceed 180 days in any consecutive year.

After that , it was straight forward. I only provide payslips, bank statements and life in UK certificate. Then called for bio metric and after 1.5 hours provided approval letter

After reading few people experience , I had decided to provide only the required document and not to give any unnecessary documents.

Key Points that I taught worked in my favour.
1. First of all I was confident that I meet all the required rules.
2. Provide only the required document.
3. Absence letter really help in discussion

I had applied for ILR last year in Feb in Croydon but the case worker didn't made decision same day. After waiting for 1 month , I had withdrawn my application as my Tier 1 Visa was expiring . I think the new rule change gives clear guidance to case worker and worked in my favour this time.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Approved with Long absence

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:20 pm

ranga_12345 wrote:I got my ILR approved on 1st May in Solihull PEO. I applied under WP + Tier1 category. My case was bit complicated due to few long absences.

Year Start Year End Total Absence per year
1 02-May-12 01-May-13 39
2 02-May-11 01-May-12 18
3 02-May-10 01-May-11 40
4 02-May-09 01-May-10 177
5 02-May-08 01-May-09 165
6 02-May-07 01-May-08 62
7 10-Sep-06 01-May-07 0

Documents Submitted
1. 12 Months Payslips
2. 12 Months Bank statement
3. Life in UK certificate
4. Employer letter for Business Trip.
5. Absence spreadsheet

I had a absence of 253 days in 2008/2009 and another absence of 90 days in 2009. In both the case I worked from India. Due to changes in rule in Dec 2012, I had to ensure that my absence does not exceed 180 days in any consecutive year. According I booked my appointment.

One point to note is that if the absence is spread over two consecutive period then it can be split while counting the number of days outside UK. In my case I had split 253 absence into 163 and 90 days.

After taking the token , I was called to see the caseworker. The caseworker immediately picked on my absence and asked question on reason for the absence and said if I have evidence for the absence. I said yes and then the caseworker took payment before discussing further.

After taking payment case worked asked for evidence for the long absence. I had employer letter confirming the business trip and that I was required to work from India due to project need and why company had selected me to travel. The case worker checked each one every absence and said that I was fine with absence as it does not exceed 180 days in any consecutive year.

After that , it was straight forward. I only provide payslips, bank statements and life in UK certificate. Then called for bio metric and after 1.5 hours provided approval letter

After reading few people experience , I had decided to provide only the required document and not to give any unnecessary documents.

Key Points that I taught worked in my favour.
1. First of all I was confident that I meet all the required rules.
2. Provide only the required document.
3. Absence letter really help in discussion

I had applied for ILR last year in Feb in Croydon but the case worker didn't made decision same day. After waiting for 1 month , I had withdrawn my application as my Tier 1 Visa was expiring . I think the new rule change gives clear guidance to case worker and worked in my favour this time.
Congratulations Mate. Thank you for posting your Experience. May be Solihull CW liked you so much. Good Luck.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .