ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ryman_001
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

naturalisation after ILR

Post by ryman_001 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:47 pm

I received my ILR via 10 years route. I applied for my ILR last june 2012, recieved ILR this feb 2013. Can i apply for naturalization (AN form).

Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Re: naturalisation after ILR

Post by Amber » Sat May 04, 2013 5:00 am

ryman_001 wrote:I received my ILR via 10 years route. I applied for my ILR last june 2012, recieved ILR this feb 2013. Can i apply for naturalization (AN form).

Thank you
Unless you are married or civil p to a British Citizen then you must be settled for 12 months (have ILR for 12 months) as well as meeting the other standard requirements - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

temmyangel
Newly Registered

please help

Post by temmyangel » Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 am

Place what abt the 15months rule. How does it work.thanks[/b]

Ged

Re: naturalisation after ILR

Post by Ged » Thu May 09, 2013 2:36 pm

ryman_001 wrote:I received my ILR via 10 years route. I applied for my ILR last june 2012, recieved ILR this feb 2013. Can i apply for naturalization (AN form).

Thank you
Your ILR review process took longer than 3 months (typical). If the delay was not your fault, you should be able to apply 15 months after your ILR application day. Please note that accepting your application before the 12 months qualifying period is discretionary. However, if you are sure that the delay was the result of UKBA's fault, you should be accepted.

I am in a similar situation and intend to apply after 15 months period when the time is up before the next Christmas. I am optimistic about the success prospect of that application.

Amber
Mood:

Re: please help

Post by Amber » Thu May 09, 2013 5:07 pm

temmyangel wrote:Place what abt the 15months rule. How does it work.thanks[/b]
See here 7.5.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.