ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Baby

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seasky
BANNED

New Baby

Post by seasky » Sun May 12, 2013 9:38 am

Dear board seeking out guidance.

I am sure all my answers are covered elsewhere and I have searched and it has just lead to more confusion. (although links to the right direction may be all that I need).

I am T1(entrepreneur) and my wife is with me on dependent visa. We are within the first 3 years of the visa so no extensions yet. We are having a baby in the summer. We will shortly after birth apply for a passport for baby at home country consulate.

We want to get baby a visa and I am a bit clueless on the procedure. For our original visa we applied from home country to the UK consulate and it was a very fast and seamless procedure (about two weeks), we obviously came well prepared with all the materials.

I do not know what applying from 'in the UK' means (we live in the Midlands) and does it take longer or shorter than applying from home country? We have the option of both (we can fly to home country, apply from there IF it will be again a 2 week or so process, not much longer).

Please guide me in the right direction. I have figured out I have to make sure my bank account is £2100 (£900+£600+£600) for 3 months before applying (would that be a different amount if applying from home country?). That is about all I know at this point.

In the application process will they want to know more about what I am doing these days (I am fully within the terms of the entrepreneurs visa, but have yet to achieve the needs of an extension, but have 1.5 years to go)

Thanks for support!

ram80

Post by ram80 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 pm

You dont need a visa for a british born baby, unless the baby is going to travel outside the UK and will re-enter the UK. At the point of re-entry, you will need a visa for the baby.

Everything else is the same as a normal dependent visa.
This post does not contain legal advice.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:17 am

We took the chance and left the country and then re-entered with Baby. Border officers were not happy but (as expected) did not leave us stranded with a baby and gave baby "leave to enter the UK is hereby given for 6 months"

Does that mean we can leave/enter with her in this period? or is it a -one enter- thing?

(and yes I know I just need to get baby proper visa... just overloaded these days but will get that done...)

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:49 pm

@ seasky, its better for you to apply for your baby visa when you can, its not that difficult to do. But if you are not travelling outside the UK before your 2yrs extension then its better to just apply for everything together so as not to waste any money for your baby visa now.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ seasky, its better for you to apply for your baby visa when you can, its not that difficult to do. But if you are not travelling outside the UK before your 2yrs extension then its better to just apply for everything together so as not to waste any money for your baby visa now.
I agree for sure 'its better to apply now' but for a few reasons including exactly the issue you raised (needing to reapply for baby in less than a year) I am inquiring from the wisdom of the board re this 'stamp in passport' for 6 months....

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Seaky,
I would rather like Olasunkanmi said, wait for when you are renewing your visa that is if you are not going out of the uk. However, since you noted that your baby was giving 6 month at the point of entry I would also advice you consult with a solicitor to find out the implication in case you want to extend. :) :)

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 pm

itk wrote:Seaky,
I would rather like Olasunkanmi said, wait for when you are renewing your visa that is if you are not going out of the uk. However, since you noted that your baby was giving 6 month at the point of entry I would also advice you consult with a solicitor to find out the implication in case you want to extend. :) :)
But during this 6 months can baby leave and enter? I will have the full visa within 6 months so not worried about the post 6 months period

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:43 pm

@ seasky, what is the wording/condition of the 6months stamp/entry given to your baby?

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ seasky, what is the wording/condition of the 6months stamp/entry given to your baby?
"leave to enter the UK is hereby given for 6 months"

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 pm

seasky wrote:
Olasunkanmi wrote:@ seasky, what is the wording/condition of the 6months stamp/entry given to your baby?

Am thinking its probably the same condition as the 6months visitors visa with which you can enter and leave the UK on multiple occasion within the 6months period.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm

I am now working on application of visa for my baby, i can submit it from home country on an upcoming trip or I can do it from here in the UK. The cost in home country is £816 would it be the same price from here in UK?

Are there major differences in ease of doing this between the two options?

muhammadaliabad
BANNED

Application for baby

Post by muhammadaliabad » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Hello!

The application fees from Pakistan is PKR 155400 which is cheaper than applying separately for dependent children application from UK. As far as maintenance is concerned, you need (900+600+600) pounds in your bank account.

I have also going through with the same issue, will apply for my dependent child in next year summer. Its upto you can apply from Pakistan or within the UK as well. I don't think they ask for any visa at the time of departure from UK to Pakistan. It's just you need visa at the time of arrival. But I would advice you to make the new born baby passport from UK before your departure.

Regards,

Muhammad

muhammadaliabad
BANNED

Application for baby

Post by muhammadaliabad » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello!

The application fees from Pakistan is PKR 155400 which is cheaper than applying separately for dependent children application from UK. As far as maintenance is concerned, you need (900+600+600) pounds in your bank account.

I have also going through with the same issue, will apply for my dependent child in next year summer. Its upto you can apply from Pakistan or within the UK as well. I don't think they ask for any visa at the time of departure from UK to Pakistan. It's just you need visa at the time of arrival. But I would advice you to make the new born baby passport from UK before your departure.

Regards,

Muhammad

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:
seasky wrote:

Am thinking its probably the same condition as the 6months visitors visa with which you can enter and leave the UK on multiple occasion within the 6months period.
If it doesn't say that it's valid for multiple entries, then it probably lapses upon departure (20).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 pm

seasky wrote:We took the chance and left the country and then re-entered with Baby. Border officers were not happy but (as expected) did not leave us stranded with a baby and gave baby "leave to enter the UK is hereby given for 6 months"
From which country you travelled back to UK?

I wonder if authorities there allowed family with one member without visa to get on board to a country where you fall under border controls.

Leave to enter upon arrival in UK depends on the nationality of passengers. You could be refused and returned back to your home country with an invoice of fine to the airliner you travelled in without visa. Immigration Officer regarded you on family basis OR possibly due to the Birth Place of child in UK which assured them about other checks.

Its really surprising that you are still asking for multiple entries on 6 months of that visa which was issued you under compelling reasons. You should apply for visa extension inside the UK rather to make things complex for you. Firstly those 6 months visa might not necessarily allow you multiple entries, Secondly you should not overstay those 6 months.