ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics for second visitors visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

michali
Member of Standing

Biometrics for second visitors visa

Post by michali » Sun May 12, 2013 1:07 pm

My husband has to apply for his second visitor's visa and a friend tells me that, having done his biometrics for the first one, he will not need to do them again for the new one. Does anyone know if this is true please?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Not true ...

Simplistic logic: how do they know if he is the same person from the first application if they don't compare the biometrics? To compare they must ask him to submit them ...

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sun May 12, 2013 2:28 pm

True, except he would be submitting previous passport with visa. I must ask my friend why she feels it is not necessary. It is important as it affects the time we submit the application. Biometrics are done here once a month.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Ok ... Let's say I steal your passport with the visa and undetectably replace the photo ... how do they know?

Biometrics are given every time.