ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply for British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

juz

When can I apply for British Passport

Post by juz » Mon May 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Hello,

Need some help to get myself clear please.

what is the different between Naturalization and Applying for British Citizenship?

I have recently got my ILR along with my wife and 2 kids.
Both kids are born in UK.

When can I and my wife apply for British passport?
When can my kids apply?

Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 13, 2013 1:07 pm

A good place to start - Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting. Scroll down for info about the kids.

juz

Post by juz » Mon May 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks for your response.

Just one thing to clarify, one Naturalization is granted, I then need to apply for the passport seperately?

Also, for kids, does BC mean obtaining passport as well, or just a certifcate to cofirm you are a British citizen.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Yes. A passport application is a separate application and is of course optional.
Same for the kids.

Izno

Post by Izno » Mon May 13, 2013 11:41 pm

hello friends .

I just been granted ILR 10 years residency. I have read the common citizenship facts , and i think i need to wait for 12 months before applying. Can somebody please tell me whats the reason behind this 12 months wait. Also my ILR took 10 months to be processed instead of 6months , can the other 4 extra months be counted part of the 12 months.

Thanks

Jambo wrote:A good place to start - Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting. Scroll down for info about the kids.