ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 (G): remote employment at an overseas company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Max12345
Newly Registered

T1 (G): remote employment at an overseas company

Post by Max12345 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

I am on Tier 1 (General) and going to apply for ILR this summer.

I work out of the UK for a Ukrainian company. Since the company does not have an office in the UK, I am on an employment contract with their office in Ukraine (I have Ukrainian employment authorization). Although I work remotely, the salary is paid into my UK account.

Will it be enough to bring bank statement and a letter from the Ukrainian company in order to claim this income for my ILR application? Has anyone a similar experience?

I am also registered as self-employed with HMRS

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon May 13, 2013 7:14 pm

It will be difficult as per the current rules you can only be out of uk for 180 days in any year so if you haven't spent any time in the uk u won't be eligible for ILR. As per the rules exceptional circumstances can be considered however, work cannot be that reason. So as per my understanding you don't qualify if you don't fulfill the criteria.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Max12345
Newly Registered

Post by Max12345 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Sage: I should have been more explicit:

I live in the UK and work from within the UK, i.e. I do all work remotely and do not have to go the office. And I do meet the residency requirements.

The issue is that (1) the employment contract is for out-of-home work for a Ukrainian company, not a UK company (2) the contract is drafted as per Ukrainian regulations (i.e. payroll tax withholding for non-Ukrainian residents, etc)

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon May 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Max12345 wrote:Sage: I should have been more explicit:

I live in the UK and work from within the UK, i.e. I do all work remotely and do not have to go the office. And I do meet the residency requirements.

The issue is that (1) the employment contract is for out-of-home work for a Ukrainian company, not a UK company (2) the contract is drafted as per Ukrainian regulations (i.e. payroll tax withholding for non-Ukrainian residents, etc)
Well in tht case u have to prove tht u meet earning criteria for the last year and won't be able to use uplift.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.