ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Croydon on 13 May 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

winsome

Success at Croydon on 13 May 2013

Post by winsome » Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 am

Hi All,

Its been years with this website and its been so helpful. Thankyou all. I finally for ILR on 13 May at Croydon PEO.. It was the smoothest of my experience toDate..

Reached at PEO at around 08:30 and got admitted immediately.
Paid fees and got biometrics done within 25 minutes.
At Croydon PEO you no longer get face to face with the case worker which was kind of good for me as I was quite nervous..
Instead I sat at their Coffee area and had a good breakfast.. Meanwhile with their new System you can see how your case is progressing on the screens.

My case went from Biometrics Security to Awaiting Consideration to Under Consideration to Ready For Collection at which point my number was called. All this happened in 35 minutes or so. I went to the counter and a lady confirmed that my application was successfull and I would receive the Biometrics card in 7-10 days.. Here is what I submitted with my application.

1. 12 Payslips
2. 12 Bank Statements
3. P60 - Last 5 years
4. Life in the UK Test Certificate
5. Letter from Employer for Salary ( 12 months)
6. Letter from Employer for absences ( 5 years)- I have one employer only and total absences in 5 years were 30 days..

Overall the process took a little over 1 hour and I was out of building by 10:00 am..

chowkal

Re: Success at Croydon on 13 May 2013

Post by chowkal » Tue May 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Congratulations mate
winsome wrote:Hi All,

Its been years with this website and its been so helpful. Thankyou all. I finally for ILR on 13 May at Croydon PEO.. It was the smoothest of my experience toDate..

Reached at PEO at around 08:30 and got admitted immediately.
Paid fees and got biometrics done within 25 minutes.
At Croydon PEO you no longer get face to face with the case worker which was kind of good for me as I was quite nervous..
Instead I sat at their Coffee area and had a good breakfast.. Meanwhile with their new System you can see how your case is progressing on the screens.

My case went from Biometrics Security to Awaiting Consideration to Under Consideration to Ready For Collection at which point my number was called. All this happened in 35 minutes or so. I went to the counter and a lady confirmed that my application was successfull and I would receive the Biometrics card in 7-10 days.. Here is what I submitted with my application.

1. 12 Payslips
2. 12 Bank Statements
3. P60 - Last 5 years
4. Life in the UK Test Certificate
5. Letter from Employer for Salary ( 12 months)
6. Letter from Employer for absences ( 5 years)- I have one employer only and total absences in 5 years were 30 days..

Overall the process took a little over 1 hour and I was out of building by 10:00 am..

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Many Many Congratulations...

Can you please check your private message box

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Tue May 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Congratulations.Enjoy your ILR :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Winsome,

Congratulations on your ILR.

However, when you say the following, are you only referring to leaves outside the UK? If yes, did you provide details of only those leaves which were out of the UK or did your employer letter mentioned all the leaves you may have taken?
Thanks.

GenX

Post by GenX » Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Tier1toILR wrote:Hi Winsome,

However, when you say the following, are you only referring to leaves outside the UK? If yes, did you provide details of only those leaves which were out of the UK or did your employer letter mentioned all the leaves you may have taken?
Thanks.
Hi , if your leaves are less then 180 days then you don't need any letter. Do not select any option in application form as well. CW will not ask for the letter atleast not in Croydon

db_23
Newly Registered

Post by db_23 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 am

GenX wrote:
Hi , if your leaves are less then 180 days then you don't need any letter. Do not select any option in application form as well. CW will not ask for the letter atleast not in Croydon
6.2 of Section 6 of form SEt(O) asks to tick YES or NO for -
Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.

So I suppose like in case of Winsome one has to tick YES. (?)
Is the letter not required then(if the leaves are less than 180 days)?

GenX

Post by GenX » Fri May 17, 2013 10:34 am

db_23 wrote:
GenX wrote:
6.2 of Section 6 of form SEt(O) asks to tick YES or NO for -
Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.

So I suppose like in case of Winsome one has to tick YES. (?)
Is the letter not required then(if the leaves are less than 180 days)?
See in my application this is what I did

In section 6.1 I wrote the dates when I entered first in the UK
In section 6.2 I ticked yes and in the table below wrote all the dates when I went out. All the reason I wrote as personal trips
In section 6.3 I left it blank and did not select any option neither I have submitted any documents to support my annual leaves. I got my ILR yesterday and CW did not ask for anything in Croydon.

Although I carried the payslip, bank statement of the period when I was on leave just in case if CW would have asked I could prove that I was paid but I never submitted this and in Croydon you don't meet CW personally so whatever you submit during biometric are considered.

I am pretty confident now that absence letter is not at all required if leaves are less then 180 days. Hope this helps

db_23
Newly Registered

Post by db_23 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:47 pm

It does clarify. Thank you.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 21, 2013 12:55 pm

GenX wrote:
Tier1toILR wrote:Hi Winsome,

Thanks.
Hi Gen X r u talking about the paid or unpaid leaves? What about leaves when no employment like in my case. No proofs for all if < 180??

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. good luck
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Congratulations, Thanks for sharing.