ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence ILR documents question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TTTony
Newly Registered

Long residence ILR documents question

Post by TTTony » Tue May 14, 2013 6:30 pm

I consulted with an experienced immigration solicitor based in London about long residence ILR application. He said, even if the case is straightforward (no gap in continuous residence), it is strongly suggested to include more documents to support the application so that the caseworker could make the decision more easily and promptly. Documents include, children's birth certificate (if born in the UK), degree certificate (if 10 year covers student visa), council tax letters, bank statements, HMRC letter, etc.

However, I see numerous posts suggesting "Don't send in addition documents", for example in here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... +documents

and here:

Please could someone clarify if the solicitor's suggestions of including additional documents is plausible?

Thanks a lot.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Long residence ILR documents question

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:50 pm

TTTony wrote:I consulted with an experienced immigration solicitor based in London about long residence ILR application. He said, even if the case is straightforward (no gap in continuous residence), it is strongly suggested to include more documents to support the application so that the caseworker could make the decision more easily and promptly. Documents include, children's birth certificate (if born in the UK), degree certificate (if 10 year covers student visa), council tax letters, bank statements, HMRC letter, etc.

However, I see numerous posts suggesting "Don't send in addition documents", for example in here:

and here:

Please could someone clarify if the solicitor's suggestions of including additional documents is plausible?

Thanks a lot.
You need to send the required documents listed in the form. To make your case stronger, you could send the additional documents. Since this is going to be a Postal application as advised you could send additional documents.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Only the relevant documents make case much easier. Remember some additional documents only need if the passport cannot be produced for that certain time in 10 years ILR case.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

greenapple369

Post by greenapple369 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Only the relevant documents make case much easier. Remember some additional documents only need if the passport cannot be produced for that certain time in 10 years ILR case.
agreed

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Only the relevant documents make case much easier. Remember some additional documents only need if the passport cannot be produced for that certain time in 10 years ILR case.
Seconded

TTTony
Newly Registered

Post by TTTony » Wed May 15, 2013 3:14 am

TTTony wrote:I consulted with an experienced immigration solicitor based in London about long residence ILR application. He said, even if the case is straightforward (no gap in continuous residence), it is strongly suggested to include more documents to support the application so that the caseworker could make the decision more easily and promptly. Documents include, children's birth certificate (if born in the UK), degree certificate (if 10 year covers student visa), council tax letters, bank statements, HMRC letter, etc.

and here:

Thanks a lot.
The solicitor also asked to include wife's passport and dependent visas. Actually he's asking for anything that could show connection to the UK, even if he agrees the case looks straight.

I have had a minor traffic conviction long time ago, which has passed rehabilitation period. He suggested disclosing that as well.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed May 15, 2013 8:20 am

When you have already in with legal opinion, there is no point of getting suggestion from this forum as this will end up with confusions and panic in your situation while preparing for documents, So either choose legal help or forum help.
Last edited by z18runway on Wed May 15, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

TTTony
Newly Registered

Post by TTTony » Wed May 15, 2013 10:09 am

z18runway wrote:When you have already in with legal opinion, there is no point of getting suggestion from this forum as this will end up with confusions and panic. Either choose legal help or forum help.
I am really sorry for causing confusions and panic... but I am also confused that's why I am asking for suggestions. :cry:

Could be the solicitor was trying to sell his service... He quoted £500 plus VAT, is it steep?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed May 15, 2013 11:19 am

There is nothing wrong in supplying extra documents.

MartaNK
Newly Registered

Post by MartaNK » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:22 pm

I am about to apply for long residence visa. I do not have passport that covers first three years of my residence - handed it over to my country's authorities as was re-issued with a new one. I do not have any tenancy agreements or bills to cover these three years.

1) What other documents can I use to prove my residence?

2) How do I calculate my absences in the three-year period. Truth be told, I do not remember where I went and for how long.

I would greatly appreciate your prompt comments.