ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

valeed.naim2

Absences Letter

Post by valeed.naim2 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 pm

To UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain – SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR Date: xx xx 2010

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain – SET (O)

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that Mr. XXXX was employed by Company’s Name in the UK as a full time and permanent employee. He was employed from Date to Date as a Job Title.

During his employment he was required by the company to travel to Country’s Name on business assignments. He was required to work in Country’s Name from Date to Date. While abroad he was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on
<Employer Phone No>.

Yours faithfully

I found the above letter from stick's notes from this website. I am going to apply in Sheffield. Shall I need to address TO Sheffield.
Can you please anyone guide me exact address with SET (0) through Tier 1 route.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Not necessary...
You can address the letter "TO whom so ever it may concern"
it won't create any issues...

I have done it in the past and will be doing again for my ILR in a month's time

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Did I need to include in absence letter date of entry and exit.

I found this information form this forum DO NOT INCLUDE THE DAY OF ENTRY AND EXIT OF TRAVELLING.

Please confirm

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:50 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:Did I need to include in absence letter date of entry and exit.

I found this information form this forum DO NOT INCLUDE THE DAY OF ENTRY AND EXIT OF TRAVELLING.

Please confirm
You could ignore your date of Exit and date of Entry.. That's what I did. CW did not ask me any questions. Why don't you do an Excel sheet and support it with employer's letter.CW appreciated what I did.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

LostInCountry

Post by LostInCountry » Wed May 15, 2013 4:08 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:Did I need to include in absence letter date of entry and exit.

Please confirm
In SET O form, Section 6, Point 6.2
"give the dates you left and returned to the UK"

From this description, at least on the form the entry and exit dates should be mentioned.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:15 pm

LostInCountry wrote:

Please confirm
In SET O form, Section 6, Point 6.2
"give the dates you left and returned to the UK"

From this description, at least on the form the entry and exit dates should be mentioned.[/quot

You have to enter dates of Exit/Entry on the Form. But when you are calculating the total days of absence do't include these days,on each absence from uk.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

georgy1

Applying ILR after 6 April 2013.

Post by georgy1 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi I would be applying for ILR this year under new rule change after 06th April 2013.

My bg( 2 year on WP(work permit) and 3year(Tier 1) currently hold it.

My questions are regarding absences of leave from UK.

1) Do i need a letter from my previous company that is when i was working on WP for this and dose that letter mentioned the salary paid to me ?
Also what are implication if could not get it for any reason like in my case its 3 year back and if they didn't hold that record now?

2) Do i need provide a same letter for when i was working on Tier 1 self employed if so is it need on my company letter head or just simple letter is enough?

3) One confusion i have is i have traveled outside uk over the weekend and came in before Monday do i need to get this in letter as it is not absences from work but yes out of UK ?

Also if some one can provide a template in both case (WP) and Tier 1 is most appreciated thanks in advance.