ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Return ticket needed for General Visitors?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maneks
Newly Registered

URGENT - Return ticket needed for General Visitors?

Post by Maneks » Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi, my mother has received her general visitor visa for 6 months and will be travelling to the UK on 18 May. I have, however, not purchased return tickets for her as we are still not very sure of the exact date when she will return. Please note that she is unemployed in India and I am sponsoring her visit to the UK. I had submitted papers to this effect as part of her visa application. However, what I want to know is whether she will need to show her return tickets here at the border agency before entering the UK (at the immigration counter). Your prompt advice will be massively appreciated!

reabs

Re: URGENT - Return ticket needed for General Visitors?

Post by reabs » Fri May 17, 2013 1:29 am

A return ticket is not solid evidence of intention to return at the end of the visa period. It does help however in establishing the overall credibility of the visitors intentions.

My advice is just get the return ticket with the return date around the time you expect. They can generally be changed by contacting the airline though Air India is amongst those that will charge extra if the price you paid is less than the current rate. You could fish around and see what airlines you can get that will give you a free change of return dates. I'm assuming you haven't purchased the onward ticket either as getting them separately is quite costly and the ECO's suspicions may be stoked if the sponsor hasn't got a bank statement healthy enough to absorb such expensive tickets.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:26 am

I hope if you search you can find plenty of airlines whose tickets can be changeable at nominal fee.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 am

Just get a return ticket, and amend the return date when she is ready to go back.

Seems pointless to get to this stage of the process, and then potentially ruin it for the sake of saving a few pounds.

alis92005

Post by alis92005 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:20 pm

My cousin apply visitor visa on 24 Feb 14 and waiting for decision. I send her sponsor and Home Office lady call me for confirmation about her details.
Anyone else receive call from Home Office as a sponsor? Please share if anyone had same experience that will be much helpful for me and her. What that mean they will issue her visa or what??????

Tulasij

Post by Tulasij » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Alis,

I have also applied for visitor visa on Feb14th and waiting for decision. My husband is sponsoring my trip. He did not receive any calls. Did your cousin get the decision? Was any interview conducted for her?

alis92005

Post by alis92005 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:47 am

[quote="Tulasij"]Hi Alis,

I have also applied for visitor visa on Feb14th and waiting for decision. My husband is sponsoring my trip. He did not receive any calls. Did your cousin get the decision? Was any interview conducted for her?[/quote]
She applied on 24 Feb and get decision back on mid of March. No she don't had any interview. Only call to confirm, I send her sponsor.

Tulasij

Post by Tulasij » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:53 am

Did she get her visa so still waiting for decision? Where did she make her application?
I have applied at hyderabad(India). chennai visa enquiry said that I need to attend an interview and VFS will inform me the Date and TIme.

alis92005

Post by alis92005 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:06 pm

[quote="Tulasij"]Did she get her visa so still waiting for decision? Where did she make her application?
I have applied at hyderabad(India). chennai visa enquiry said that I need to attend an interview and VFS will inform me the Date and TIme.[/quote]
Yes, she got refusal because her income not show in bank statement some months. She Applied Islamabad.