ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr success at Solihull!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Happyatlast
Newly Registered

Ilr success at Solihull!

Post by Happyatlast » Fri May 17, 2013 3:23 am

A big thank you to this forum for all the help I received for Ilr.

I would strongly recommend Solihull PEO, very friendly and efficient.

After initial checks we were called by the caseworker. She checked our passports and asked if we had any pending convictions or driving offence. She explained process to us and processed the fees.I gave her my application form, biometric cards, letter from employer, accountant letter, tax return for 2 years, all 10 months invoices and bank statements.

I had only 30 days absence and she did not ask for any letter though I had one from my employer. She also did not ask for maintenance funds.

My surname was incorrectly spelt in the address part of bank statements. I had got a letter from bank regarding the error but she was not bothered about it.

For cohabitation she only checked council tax for last 4 years and did not ask any more documents, though we provided many other documents. I provided her my maternity letter from employer and SMP with bank statements. No questions asked.

Just after initial few checks she asked us to come back in 2 hrs to collect our
documents. Now one more thing.... there is a board which shows the no of the cases under consideration and ours was not displayed for long time even after we gave our biometrics. A very sweet lady called our no and asked us to come back to collect documents. She told us sometimes there is error in the computer and that our case is been considered and they have not forgotten us.

We returned to collect our documents which were ready!! What a big relief. Never thought it would be so easy. I had done my paperwork as thoroughly as possible. We got better advice from the forum than the lawyers we met. A big thank u to this wonderful wonderful forum!!!

Heisgood

Re: Ilr success at Solihull!

Post by Heisgood » Fri May 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Happyatlast wrote:A big thank you to this forum for all the help I received for Ilr.

After initial checks we were called by the caseworker. She checked our passports and asked if we had any pending convictions or driving offence. She explained process to us and processed the fees.I gave her my application form, biometric cards, letter from employer, accountant letter, tax return for 2 years, all 10 months invoices and bank statements.

I had only 30 days absence and she did not ask for any letter though I had one from my employer. She also did not ask for maintenance funds.

My surname was incorrectly spelt in the address part of bank statements. I had got a letter from bank regarding the error but she was not bothered about it.

For cohabitation she only checked council tax for last 4 years and did not ask any more documents, though we provided many other documents. I provided her my maternity letter from employer and SMP with bank statements. No questions asked.

documents. Now one more thing.... there is a board which shows the no of the cases under consideration and ours was not displayed for long time even after we gave our biometrics. A very sweet lady called our no and asked us to come back to collect documents. She told us sometimes there is error in the computer and that our case is been considered and they have not forgotten us.

We returned to collect our documents which were ready!! What a big relief. Never thought it would be so easy. I had done my paperwork as thoroughly as possible. We got better advice from the forum than the lawyers we met. A big thank u to this wonderful wonderful forum!!!
Congrats and enjoy your ILR :)
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

wordable

Post by wordable » Fri May 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Congratulations Happy@last!

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Fri May 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Happyatlast wrote:A big thank you to this forum for all the help I received for Ilr.

Congratulations.Enjoy your ILR :D
However, do know that your sweet success was not a function of which PEO you went to, rather your ability to meet the requirements and disposition of CW towards the applicant case without compromising the rules . The few issues you had anticipated were indeed in the estimation of the CW as insignificant .Summarily there were cases of rejection too in SOLIHUL where you went to.
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Good luck
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:57 pm

onabanjo wrote:

Congratulations.Enjoy your ILR :D
However, do know that your sweet success was not a function of which PEO you went to, rather your ability to meet the requirements and disposition of CW towards the applicant case without compromising the rules . The few issues you had anticipated were indeed in the estimation of the CW as insignificant .Summarily there were cases of rejection too in SOLIHUL where you went to.
Totally agree with you. You must remeber that any PEO you go to it will be the same rules which apply. Only difference is that,At Solihull PEO,there is lots of interaction with CW. I prepared MY self for a very tough interview. Thank God it turned out to be a very pleasant experience.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .