ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fazhaque

British Citizenship..

Post by fazhaque » Sun May 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Just wondering if you could give me some advice...i have recently got my ILR and hoping to apply for British citizenship soon ( well in a year time). I have got all my papers back from UKBA but not the Life in the UK certificate. Do i need that when i apply for Naturalization? Should i contact UKBA to send me back my certificate? Any help will be much appreciated!!!

reabs

Re: British Citizenship..

Post by reabs » Sun May 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Oh dear. You will need that when applying for naturalisation on form AN. See pp.13 Guide and Booklet AN. Probably wise to make enquiries about getting it back - obviously someone has filed it instead of returning it to you.

fazhaque

Re: British Citizenship..

Post by fazhaque » Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 pm

reabs wrote:Oh dear. You will need that when applying for naturalisation on form AN. See pp.13 Guide and Booklet AN. Probably wise to make enquiries about getting it back - obviously someone has filed it instead of returning it to you.
Hi mate,
Thanks for your advice..should I contact the caseworker who dealt with my case( i.e send a letter) or is there a general address i need to send the letter to? Thanks again for the advice!!

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Nothing to worry. It's a common practice for UKBA to hold the LIUK certificate and you are not the first person.

If you have submitted the LIUK during settlement, you don't need to submit again during Naturalisation. Just select the option in the AN form that says you cleared LIUK during settlement.

fazhaque

Post by fazhaque » Sun May 19, 2013 11:19 pm

ban.s wrote:Nothing to worry. It's a common practice for UKBA to hold the LIUK certificate and you are not the first person.

If you have submitted the LIUK during settlement, you don't need to submit again during Naturalisation. Just select the option in the AN form that says you cleared LIUK during settlement.
That's fab!! Thanks a lot..i can put my worries to sleep now :)

What can we do without you exceptional people in this forum....i salute you!!

reabs

Post by reabs » Sun May 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Quite an inconsistent practice it appears. Mine was returned and I know you can get it back if you ask. See this post. But from now going through other people's experiences, it seems not to matter :shock:

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon May 20, 2013 8:21 am

Some people might have got their results back but as ban.s suggested, it is a common practice for UKBA to hold the LIUK certificates.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:52 am

LiuK test pass letter is simply not required for naturalisation application if you provided it during your ILR application.

On page 5 of form AN, you just tick the box for "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement"

Let me also point out that for naturalisation application on or after 28/10/13, applicants will have to show further english level qualifications.

Dig here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uirements1

fazhaque

Post by fazhaque » Mon May 20, 2013 11:33 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:LiuK test pass letter is simply not required for naturalisation application if you provided it during your ILR application.

On page 5 of form AN, you just tick the box for "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement"

Let me also point out that for naturalisation application on or after 28/10/13, applicants will have to show further english level qualifications.

Dig here

Hi I had a look at the above links and seems we need two type of documents to prove that we met the requirements. So even we have been to Uni here for 4 years, we still have to do the ESOL?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:38 am

I am not sure if a university degree or other university education/qualification satisfies the requirement of B1 CEFR. I think no one will know right now what UKBA will decide in the end. We will have to wait until this new requirement is incorporated in immigration rules.

fazhaque

Post by fazhaque » Mon May 20, 2013 11:39 am

fazhaque wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:LiuK test pass letter is simply not required for naturalisation application if you provided it during your ILR application.

Dig here

Hi I had a look at the above links and seems we need two type of documents to prove that we met the requirements. So even we have been to Uni here for 4 years, we still have to do the ESOL?
Got that for the below source.... if we went to University then no need to do the test anymore

://www.gov.uk/government/publications/know ... -of-intent

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Yes, thanks for pointing out.
It does mention

The following groups are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the
KoLL requirement and will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification:

Nationals of majority English speaking countries (Annex A).

Those who have obtained a degree taught in English

But if someone went to Uni and did studies, but did not obtain a degree won't qualify. eg someone doing a diploma or other kind of study.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon May 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Yes, thanks for pointing out.
It does mention

The following groups are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the
KoLL requirement and will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification:

But if someone went to Uni and did studies, but did not obtain a degree won't qualify. eg someone doing a diploma or other kind of study.

A degree which is the same as a UK bachelor's degree and which was taught or researched in English to a particular level.

The qualification must:
be recognised by National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK NARIC) as equivalent to at least a UK bachelor's degree; and
have been taught in English.

Master's and Ph.D. will also count.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fazhaque

Post by fazhaque » Mon May 20, 2013 5:04 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:Yes, thanks for pointing out.
It does mention

A degree which is the same as a UK bachelor's degree and which was taught or researched in English to a particular level.

The qualification must:
be recognised by National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK NARIC) as equivalent to at least a UK bachelor's degree; and
have been taught in English.

Master's and Ph.D. will also count.
Guys thanks for the clarification...i have a BSc from a university so I guess I should be fine....