ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR New rules

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Satya9999
Newly Registered

ILR New rules

Post by Satya9999 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi ,

Page 20 in the document

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

says..

 medical certificates
 birth or death certificates
 evidence of disruption to travel arrangements.In the following categories, absences must be for reasons connected with the applicant’s purpose for being in the UK or for serious or compelling compassionate reasons. Evidence, as specified above, must be provided for compelling or compassionate reasons only: UK ancestry
 business person

So, here he is pointing to evidences that are mentioned as Medical certifaltes/birth or death etc..

Also it says ...In the following categories, absences must be for reasons connected with the applicant’s purpose for being in the UK

Which means, if you are staying out of country for 180 days in a year, then if the reason is for

a) reasons connected with the applicant’s purpose for being in the UK - My emplyment in my case.

So should get a letter from emplyer about why i was staying 180 days out of country.

b) reasons connected to serious or compelling compassionate reasons.

So should provide medical certificates / birth /death certificates/ disruption in travel arrangements , which ever is appilcable for you.

So If you stay outside country for 180 days in a year you should fall under above mentioned a or b case and should provide relevent evidences.

Is my understanding wrong ??

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR New rules

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Satya9999 wrote:Hi ,

Page 20 in the document

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

says..

 medical certificates
 birth or death certificates
 evidence of disruption to travel arrangements.In the following categories, absences must be for reasons connected with the applicant’s purpose for being in the UK or for serious or compelling compassionate reasons. Evidence, as specified above, must be provided for compelling or compassionate reasons only: UK ancestry
 business person

So, here he is pointing to evidences that are mentioned as Medical certifaltes/birth or death etc..

Also it says ...In the following categories, absences must be for reasons connected with the applicant’s purpose for being in the UK

Which means, if you are staying out of country for 180 days in a year, then if the reason is for

a) reasons connected with the applicant’s purpose for being in the UK - My emplyment in my case.

So should get a letter from emplyer about why i was staying 180 days out of country.

b) reasons connected to serious or compelling compassionate reasons.

So should provide medical certificates / birth /death certificates/ disruption in travel arrangements , which ever is appilcable for you.

So If you stay outside country for 180 days in a year you should fall under above mentioned a or b case and should provide relevent evidences.

Is my understanding wrong ??
Your understanding is correct. If you stay out of the country for 180 days or more ,in a year then you are breaking your continuous stay in the UK.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Satya9999
Newly Registered

Post by Satya9999 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:24 am

Hi,

I stayed out of country for around 78 days Continuously.
This is my personal visit.
I got paid during this period by my uk emplyer , uk salary.
This does not fall under my annual leaves quota.

I just worked from home (Out of uk).

Should i need to get a letter from company? or the letter from comnpany is needed only if you stay out of country for 180 or >180 days?

Please help

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Satya9999 wrote:Hi,

Should i need to get a letter from company? or the letter from comnpany is needed only if you stay out of country for 180 or 180 days?

Please help
Get an Employer's letter mentioning every thing about your absence of 78 days. Because this is a long absence at one stretch.as it is not part of your Annual Leave.
KEVIN

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Tue May 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Should i need to get a letter from company? or the letter from comnpany is needed only if you stay out of country for 180 or >180 days?

Please help
That is exactly my situation, I worked from home (home country) for my employer for around 65 days and I am quite confused what should I ask him to write, when you are planning to apply?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Should i need to get a letter from company? or the letter from comnpany is needed only if you stay out of country for 180 or 180 days?

Please help
Get an Employer's letter mentioning every thing about your absence of 78 days. Because this is a long absence at one stretch.as it is not part of your Annual Leave.
Trust you got paid for the 78 days in UK. Salary for that period,credited into a UK Bank account.
KEVIN