ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahussa

Schengen Visa

Post by ahussa » Tue May 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello,

I know of a guy who is a Saudia Arabian national and has partner in the UK.

He has a Schengen Visa valid for i think 12 months.

He wants to get married to someone settled in the UK, but he wants to get married in a country where it is the easiest and quickest to get married within the EU? Not in the UK.

Does anyone know, of a country where it is quickest to get married?

Share your thoughts

Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue May 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Almost in every country the standard set of requirements such as proof of id, proof of address, evidence of relationship are identical.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 pm

In Ireland you must give three months notice of your intention to marry.

BUT this can be reduced if either party has a good reason, such as serious illness and the fear that they might not live three months.

Ireland has civil or religious marriage.

Proof of relationship is not necessary in Ireland. ID is required, and proof that you are not already married in another country.
BL

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed May 22, 2013 11:11 am

I know of nowhere in Europe equivalent to those places in the USA such as Las Vegas where people go for an instant marriage - except possibly Scotland, which is of course part of the UK. It was always a tradition that young couples whose parents objected to the match would run away to Gretna Green to get married (in a blacksmith's forge, I believe), Gretna being the first village you arrive at in Scotland over the border from England. So Scots law is a bit different from English, but I don't know what exactly is involved. I do recall about 13 years ago dealing with an Algerian illegal who got married to a 16-year-old girl at Gretna. Her mother was furious, and shopped him.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Denmark is the quickest.