ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

sunny1407

Question about referees

Post by sunny1407 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 am

Hi,
I am sorry if this has been answered before but I don't seem to find a clear cut answer.

As I understand you need two references for you application. I thought they both needed to be professional but reading some posts here, seems that one needs to be professional (any nationality) and the other can be non professional but british nationality. Is this right?

If yes, I suppose I can have my GP as professional and my landlord (retired) as the other referee?

Thanks for help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question about referees

Post by Amber » Fri May 24, 2013 11:47 am

sunny1407 wrote:Hi,
I am sorry if this has been answered before but I don't seem to find a clear cut answer.

As I understand you need two references for you application. I thought they both needed to be professional but reading some posts here, seems that one needs to be professional (any nationality) and the other can be non professional but british nationality. Is this right?

If yes, I suppose I can have my GP as professional and my landlord (retired) as the other referee?

Thanks for help
Your understanding is correct. They must have both known you for at least 3 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:04 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for help
Your understanding is correct. They must have both known you for at least 3 years.
Thanks Amber,

One more quick question, I am in a job right now but will be leaving soon (am off sick at the moment)

If I apply when I am still employed and then leave soon after (within few weeks), does this have any implications to my application? or does it not matter

My understanding was the employment does not matter, but I have been employed since 2007 in the same job and been paying taxes/NI since 2004 so even if I leave the job, I am assuming that they check the last 5 years?

Thanks again for help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 24, 2013 12:09 pm

sunny1407 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for help
Thanks Amber,

One more quick question, I am in a job right now but will be leaving soon (am off sick at the moment)

If I apply when I am still employed and then leave soon after (within few weeks), does this have any implications to my application? or does it not matter

My understanding was the employment does not matter, but I have been employed since 2007 in the same job and been paying taxes/NI since 2004 so even if I leave the job, I am assuming that they check the last 5 years?

Thanks again for help
No effect.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:13 pm

D4109125 wrote:
sunny1407 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for help

Thanks Amber,

Thanks again for help
No effect.
Thanks again Amber :)

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Thanks for help
I was also wondering, in the list of professional referees, its mentioned in the list that manager/personnel officer of a limited company.

Now I work for a 50:50 venture of two public limited companies which are listed on stock exchanges of their respective countries.

I am assuming thats not a limited company strictly speaking then and wont' be able to just get my manager sign as my referee then. Or will I be better off just paying my GP and get him to sign it for me?

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I would really need some help here,

I have found a potential referee although would need to confirm if she will be eligible.

She is a friend who is employed by my Local Council as a Learning Mentor, do you think she will be ok as my professional referee even though Council workers are not directly mentioned in the list (which I understand is not exhaustive anyway.

Please help